removing user logon prompt?

a b 8 Security
July 12, 2005 4:16:02 AM

After setting up a password for the pc, I changed my mind and want the pc to
boot up without showing the password prompt. All I've been able to find is
how to remove the password but not how to prevent the prompt from popping up.
Any help?
Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 12, 2005 12:36:55 PM

1. Click Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2
2. Highlight the username you want automatically logged on.
3. Uncheck Users must enter a username.............
4. Click Apply.
5. In the next dialog enter the password for the account you selected earlier, if any exists for that account.
6. OK your way out.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.