x700 compared to ATI 9800 256 pro

Any thoughts on which is better?

--
Lew/+Silat

In news:8sydnZ0pIbEWnu3fRVn-iA@comcast.com,
Lew/+Silat <silatdelete@drafted1969invalid.not> rubs the lotion on it's skin
or else it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
following:
> Any thoughts on which is better?

I have
p4 2.8 800 fsb
480 power
1 gig ram
9800pro 128

What is best card that would be an improvement over the one I have for
around $250?

Thanks

Lew/+Silat

Lew/+Silat wrote:
> In news:8sydnZ0pIbEWnu3fRVn-iA@comcast.com,
> Lew/+Silat <silatdelete@drafted1969invalid.not> rubs the lotion on it's skin
> or else it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
> following:
>
>>Any thoughts on which is better?
>

> I have
> p4 2.8 800 fsb
> 480 power
> 1 gig ram
> 9800pro 128
>
> What is best card that would be an improvement over the one I have for
> around $250?

Neither, complete waste of money.

Ben

In news:1114638175.2a6dcbbcaa624377dab5d0710aa70f65@teranews,
Ben Pope <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> rubs the lotion on it's skin or else
it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
following:

> Neither, complete waste of money.
>
> Ben

Ill take recommendations:)

--
Lew/+Silat

Lew/+Silat wrote:
> In news:8sydnZ0pIbEWnu3fRVn-iA@comcast.com,
> Lew/+Silat <silatdelete@drafted1969invalid.not> rubs the lotion on it's skin
> or else it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
> following:
>
>>Any thoughts on which is better?
>

> I have
> p4 2.8 800 fsb
> 480 power
> 1 gig ram
> 9800pro 128
>
> What is best card that would be an improvement over the one I have for
> around $250?

You're looking at a 9800 Pro 256 or an X700 to replace your 9800 Pro
128? Complete waste of time, let alone money.

Save up for an X800XL. Newegg for $285 right now.

Ben

In news:1114638563.898384a225dbc464e9e928452ce41c3a@teranews,
Ben Pope <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> rubs the lotion on it's skin or else
it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
following:
> You're looking at a 9800 Pro 256 or an X700 to replace your 9800 Pro
> 128? Complete waste of time, let alone money.
>
> Save up for an X800XL. Newegg for $285 right now.
>
> Ben

I wrote badly:)
I have a 9800pro 128 and want to know what is the best card under $300 that
will show a noticeable improvement.
Ill check out your recommendation.
Thanks:)

Lew/+Silat wrote:
> In news:1114638563.898384a225dbc464e9e928452ce41c3a@teranews,
> Ben Pope <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> rubs the lotion on it's skin or else
> it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
> following:
>
>>You're looking at a 9800 Pro 256 or an X700 to replace your 9800 Pro
>>128? Complete waste of time, let alone money.
>>
>>Save up for an X800XL. Newegg for $285 right now.
>>
>>Ben
>

> I wrote badly:)

It's ok, I responded and hit reply too quickly. Didn't think it had
sent, actually.

> I have a 9800pro 128 and want to know what is the best card under $300 that
> will show a noticeable improvement.
> Ill check out your recommendation.

No worries.

Just grabbed one myself, and it's a significant improvement over a 9800 Pro.

Just realised you'll need an AGP one, and they start at $329. The AGP
one has only just come out, so it'll me a tad higher for a couple of weeks.

It's pretty much on a par with a 6800GT, which start at $305. The GT
will be around 4% faster overall.

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=1113327844.985e0dcbadd8e607c7bfc8a1532144a7%40teranews

Ben

In news:1114640016.292d6a4650d76844bc68828d2de43398@teranews,
Ben Pope <benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> rubs the lotion on it's skin or else
it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
following:

> It's ok, I responded and hit reply too quickly. Didn't think it had
> sent, actually.
>
> No worries.
>
> Just grabbed one myself, and it's a significant improvement over a
> 9800 Pro.
> Just realised you'll need an AGP one, and they start at $329. The AGP
> one has only just come out, so it'll me a tad higher for a couple of
> weeks.
> It's pretty much on a par with a 6800GT, which start at $305. The GT
> will be around 4% faster overall.
>
> Ben

Thankyou for the links. Very informative. Obviously from what Ive read it is
the best value out there at the moment for a newer card. Im not ready to
rebuild for PCI as my components are good for another year:) (fingers
crossed)

--
Lew/+Silat

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:49:23 +0100, Ben Pope
<benpope81@_REMOVE_gmail.com> wrote:

>Lew/+Silat wrote:
>> In news:8sydnZ0pIbEWnu3fRVn-iA@comcast.com,
>> Lew/+Silat <silatdelete@drafted1969invalid.not> rubs the lotion on it's skin
>> or else it gets the hose again. It does this whenever it's told to type the
>> following:
>>
>>>Any thoughts on which is better?
>>

>> I have
>> p4 2.8 800 fsb
>> 480 power
>> 1 gig ram
>> 9800pro 128
>>
>> What is best card that would be an improvement over the one I have for
>> around $250?
>
>You're looking at a 9800 Pro 256 or an X700 to replace your 9800 Pro
>128? Complete waste of time, let alone money.
>
>Save up for an X800XL. Newegg for $285 right now.
>
>Ben

not mush the x700pro 256 is at least 20% faster than the 9800pro at
1024 and 50% faster in higher resolution. Plus some of theme got the
vivo kit and dh tv ;-P