Power extension cable

SERVO

I just picked up a 9800 Pro and it doesn't have a power extension cable.
Do I need a special cable or can I use the floppy power cable?
--
Servo
"Happy trails, Hans!"

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:08:12 GMT, Servo <SPAMMERS@GETCANCER.NUTS>
wrote:

>I just picked up a 9800 Pro and it doesn't have a power extension cable.
>Do I need a special cable or can I use the floppy power cable?

In case no one else answered, I use a floppy power lead direct from my
PS with nothing else on that particular lead. I.E., no other drives or
HDD's connected to that lead.

I've read that's *supposed* to be better, but, who knows? I guess it
would depend on your PS(?)

Hope this helps.

Villain

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend"- Willow Rosenberg

SERVO

Villain wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 01:08:12 GMT, Servo <SPAMMERS@GETCANCER.NUTS>
> wrote:
>

>>I just picked up a 9800 Pro and it doesn't have a power extension cable.
>>Do I need a special cable or can I use the floppy power cable?
>

> In case no one else answered, I use a floppy power lead direct from my
> PS with nothing else on that particular lead. I.E., no other drives or
> HDD's connected to that lead.
>
> I've read that's *supposed* to be better, but, who knows? I guess it
> would depend on your PS(?)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Villain
>
> "A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend"- Willow Rosenberg

Thanks Villian!

--
Servo
"Don't press your luck, Carter"