If this should be posted in another group, please advise.

I downloaded AdAware SE Personal and then 1.06r1. All appear to be
functioning AOK. The problem is, I can no longer use the link provided to
get to the support forums. It just takes me to a generic home page which
does not have the link to the Forums. In the prior versions this link worked
and I was a registered member.
I did send an e-mail to the "General" add. at Lavasoft, however since mine
is the Freeware ver., I'm not sure if there will be a response.
Was wondering if anyone else out there has encountered this situation ?
What was/is the solution ?
Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Malke

bobnrobin wrote:

> If this should be posted in another group, please advise.
>
> I downloaded AdAware SE Personal and then 1.06r1. All appear to be
> functioning AOK. The problem is, I can no longer use the link
> provided to
> get to the support forums. It just takes me to a generic home page
> which
> does not have the link to the Forums. In the prior versions this link
> worked and I was a registered member.
> I did send an e-mail to the "General" add. at Lavasoft, however since
> mine is the Freeware ver., I'm not sure if there will be a response.
> Was wondering if anyone else out there has encountered this situation
> ? What was/is the solution ?
> Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Lavasoft took down the support forums quite a while ago and does not
provide support for the free version of Ad-aware. You can get support
for Ad-aware Personal from the CastleCops forum here:

http://castlecops.com/forum142.html

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Thanks, Tom, Wesley & Malke !!

Well, Geeze.... Has been a while since I went there... That's too bad, it,
along with the SpyBotS&D forums were very interesting. Good places to find
out if there might be problems between/among them and other programs you
might wish to install - in my present case, NAV05 to take the place of the 02
which came installed on my Dell computer....
Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to reply and for the
CastleCops link. (Mental Note: Check out ALL the good forum links - not
just MS and Dell - more frequently.)
Thanks, Again,
bobnrobin
"Malke" wrote:

> bobnrobin wrote:
>
> > If this should be posted in another group, please advise.
> >
> > I downloaded AdAware SE Personal and then 1.06r1. All appear to be
> > functioning AOK. The problem is, I can no longer use the link
> > provided to
> > get to the support forums. It just takes me to a generic home page
> > which
> > does not have the link to the Forums. In the prior versions this link
> > worked and I was a registered member.
> > I did send an e-mail to the "General" add. at Lavasoft, however since
> > mine is the Freeware ver., I'm not sure if there will be a response.
> > Was wondering if anyone else out there has encountered this situation
> > ? What was/is the solution ?
> > Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Lavasoft took down the support forums quite a while ago and does not
> provide support for the free version of Ad-aware. You can get support
> for Ad-aware Personal from the CastleCops forum here:
>
> http://castlecops.com/forum142.html
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Those foums are kaput.

Have a look here...

CastleCops Lavasoft Ad-Aware
http://castlecops.com/f142-Lavasoft_Ad_Aware.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2A95C95B-BC4A-49C9-A655-1C299A0DC302@microsoft.com,
bobnrobin <bobnrobin@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> If this should be posted in another group, please advise.
>
> I downloaded AdAware SE Personal and then 1.06r1. All appear to be
> functioning AOK. The problem is, I can no longer use the link provided
> to get to the support forums. It just takes me to a generic home page
> which does not have the link to the Forums. In the prior versions this
> link worked and I was a registered member.
> I did send an e-mail to the "General" add. at Lavasoft, however since mine
> is the Freeware ver., I'm not sure if there will be a response.
> Was wondering if anyone else out there has encountered this situation ?
> What was/is the solution ?
> Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

The support forums have been discontinued.

Tom