Gpedit settings dissapear

Fresh install of XP Pro with SP2 Volume License Edition.
I go get the latest updates. I enable a few settings in gpedit such as:
Remove Desktop Wizard
Turn off personalized menus
Turn off user tracking
And a few others. I reboot and all settings have reverted back to Not
Configured.

The ONLY thing that works so far is to wipe the PC and start over.
Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about gpedit settings dissapear

    Are you on a domain using Active Directory? If so, Group Policies from the domain level may be overriding your local settings.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "thepezident01" <thepezident01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D28E37-17FC-4D48-B967-8D7E8B500CE9@microsoft.com...
    > Fresh install of XP Pro with SP2 Volume License Edition.
    > I go get the latest updates. I enable a few settings in gpedit such as:
    > Remove Desktop Wizard
    > Turn off personalized menus
    > Turn off user tracking
    > And a few others. I reboot and all settings have reverted back to Not
    > Configured.
    >
    > The ONLY thing that works so far is to wipe the PC and start over.
    > Any ideas?

    No domain. Stand-alone PC and it's happened on multiple models. I work @ a
    college so I've done fresh installs plenty o' times. This just started
    happening in the last month or so.

    PC's are put in workgroups. It "seems" like "maybe" if I enable the settings
    and then install the 20-25 addtional updates, I'm okay.

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Are you on a domain using Active Directory? If so, Group Policies from the domain level may be overriding your local settings.

    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > --------------------------------
    > --------------------------------
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "thepezident01" <thepezident01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D28E37-17FC-4D48-B967-8D7E8B500CE9@microsoft.com...
    > > Fresh install of XP Pro with SP2 Volume License Edition.
    > > I go get the latest updates. I enable a few settings in gpedit such as:
    > > Remove Desktop Wizard
    > > Turn off personalized menus
    > > Turn off user tracking
    > > And a few others. I reboot and all settings have reverted back to Not
    > > Configured.
    > >
    > > The ONLY thing that works so far is to wipe the PC and start over.
    > > Any ideas?

Microsoft Windows XP