Fresh install of XP Pro with SP2 Volume License Edition.
I go get the latest updates. I enable a few settings in gpedit such as:
Remove Desktop Wizard
Turn off personalized menus
Turn off user tracking
And a few others. I reboot and all settings have reverted back to Not
Configured.

The ONLY thing that works so far is to wipe the PC and start over.
Any ideas?

Are you on a domain using Active Directory? If so, Group Policies from the domain level may be overriding your local settings.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"thepezident01" <thepezident01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D28E37-17FC-4D48-B967-8D7E8B500CE9@microsoft.com...
> Fresh install of XP Pro with SP2 Volume License Edition.
> I go get the latest updates. I enable a few settings in gpedit such as:
> Remove Desktop Wizard
> Turn off personalized menus
> Turn off user tracking
> And a few others. I reboot and all settings have reverted back to Not
> Configured.
>
> The ONLY thing that works so far is to wipe the PC and start over.
> Any ideas?

No domain. Stand-alone PC and it's happened on multiple models. I work @ a
college so I've done fresh installs plenty o' times. This just started
happening in the last month or so.

PC's are put in workgroups. It "seems" like "maybe" if I enable the settings
and then install the 20-25 addtional updates, I'm okay.