xp sp2 firewall grayed out.

I am not on a domain, home net work, admin on my machine, logged in as such.
And yet the firewall is grayed out.
I log in to pc with admin rights.
Since I can not turn it off, even with gpedit.msc, I can uninstall sp2.
Is there another option?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about firewall grayed

    BrianMultiLanguage wrote:

    > I am not on a domain, home net work, admin on my machine, logged in as
    > such. And yet the firewall is grayed out.
    > I log in to pc with admin rights.
    > Since I can not turn it off, even with gpedit.msc, I can uninstall
    > sp2. Is there another option?
    > Thanks

    See if any of this information helps:

    FIREWALL DEAD, or other network issues:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

    MS antispyware tool disables Windows Firewall (or to reset firewall):
    Start>Run cmd [enter]
    netsh winsock reset catalog [enter]
    Follow prompts and reboot.

    Malke