x86, circling the Kaba

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.sufi,alt.surrealism,soc.culture.burma (More info?)

Xbox 2? Xbox Next? Xbox Xenon? We've all got our favourite codename for
Microsoft's next-gen version of the Xbox.

No-one knows for sure what the final version will actually be called.

Now a new contender has chucked its hat into the ring. According to internet
rumours, Xbox 360 is the new hot favourite moniker for Bill Gates' big box
of dreams.

Tech website Engadget is reporting that it has received insider info from a
source privy to Xbox 2 (or whatever...) packaging, logos and documentation
that points to Microsoft having settled on the rather elongated Xbox 360
tag.

It seems that Microsoft has been a little concerned that calling the machine
Xbox 2 would make it sound a generation behind PS3 - and positively
lightyears behind the Nintendo N5, an early codename for what has now become
the Nintendo Revolution.

For the full story, click on the source link for more details.

"jirjis" <jirjis@email2me.net> wrote in message
> Xbox 2? Xbox Next? Xbox Xenon? We've all got our favourite codename for
> Microsoft's next-gen version of the Xbox.
>
> No-one knows for sure what the final version will actually be called.
>
> Now a new contender has chucked its hat into the ring. According to
> internet rumours, Xbox 360 is the new hot favourite moniker for Bill
> Gates' big box of dreams.
>
> Tech website Engadget is reporting that it has received insider info from
> a source privy to Xbox 2 (or whatever...) packaging, logos and
> documentation that points to Microsoft having settled on the rather
> elongated Xbox 360 tag.
>
> It seems that Microsoft has been a little concerned that calling the
> machine Xbox 2 would make it sound a generation behind PS3 - and
> positively lightyears behind the Nintendo N5, an early codename for what
> has now become the Nintendo Revolution.
>
> For the full story, click on the source link for more details.

--
Dr C [AGHL]