Problem connecting when more than one network is in the area

I just spent several hours with my neighbor trying to get his new wireless
network set up. The hardware seems to be functioning fine, but it just flat
out refuses to connect to his router. Rather, his computer insists on
connecting to MY router. No matter what we did, it would always connect to
my network instead of his own. When we finally did get it connected to his
network, it said "network connection unavailable".....but it still worked
fine. What is going on here? How can we set it up so that he can connect
seamlessly with his own network, and leave mine alone? :)

Could you please elaborate on "No matter what we did" -
enabled broadcasting of SSID? Which WLAN adapter?

--PA

"Borgholio" <borgholio@storymind.com> wrote in message
> I just spent several hours with my neighbor trying to get his new wireless
> network set up. The hardware seems to be functioning fine, but it just flat
> out refuses to connect to his router. Rather, his computer insists on
> connecting to MY router. No matter what we did, it would always connect to
> my network instead of his own. When we finally did get it connected to his
> network, it said "network connection unavailable".....but it still worked
> fine. What is going on here? How can we set it up so that he can connect
> seamlessly with his own network, and leave mine alone? :)

The SSID was broadcasting on both routers (no way to turn it off) and it was
an Airlink 802.11g adapter.

"Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
> Could you please elaborate on "No matter what we did" -
> enabled broadcasting of SSID? Which WLAN adapter?
>
> --PA
>
> "Borgholio" <borgholio@storymind.com> wrote in message
> > I just spent several hours with my neighbor trying to get his new
wireless
> > network set up. The hardware seems to be functioning fine, but it just
flat
> > out refuses to connect to his router. Rather, his computer insists on
> > connecting to MY router. No matter what we did, it would always connect
> > my network instead of his own. When we finally did get it connected to
his
> > network, it said "network connection unavailable".....but it still
worked
> > fine. What is going on here? How can we set it up so that he can
connect
> > seamlessly with his own network, and leave mine alone? :)

TRENDING THREADS