MacBook Pro Line Gets Spec Bump; New CPUs & GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
why are people STILL complaining about Apple's price?

you're paying for the label and usability...

and as far as Macbooks, you're paying for the package, not spec...

if you want spec, go buy a regular notebook...

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]why are people STILL complaining about Apple's price?you're paying for the label and usability...and as far as Macbooks, you're paying for the package, not spec...if you want spec, go buy a regular notebook...[/citation]

I still complain because it's far more fun to jump on the Apple bandwagon-of-hate than to shell out actual money to buy something. I've been doing this for some time now, so it gets hard for me to resist commenting on Apple's outrageous prices for something that can be bought for 40% less at the PC side of things.

Oh dang, I did it again.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]why are people STILL complaining about Apple's price?you're paying for the label and usability...and as far as Macbooks, you're paying for the package, not spec...if you want spec, go buy a regular notebook...[/citation]
A laptop half the cost if not less can provide just as much usability, better specs, and overall a better deal for the price. I don't want to pay over a grand extra for a stupid glowing Apple on my laptop...

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]I still complain because it's far more fun to jump on the Apple bandwagon-of-hate than to shell out actual money to buy something. I've been doing this for some time now, so it gets hard for me to resist commenting on Apple's outrageous prices for something that can be bought for 40% less at the PC side of things.Oh dang, I did it again.[/citation]
You just made my day. You have a killer philosophy.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]makafri[/nom]and still they will run portal 2 like a dual core and a radeon hd 4xxx[/citation]
apple computers are not built for games....if you want to game get yourself a pc....so stop bitching

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Agreed, Apple build their PCs to exploit dumb people......and yea Macs are PCs too,look up on the definition of Personal Computer[/citation]

A certain advertisement with 2 guys; 1 wearing a bland suit, the other being a hipster douche in general, begs to differ on the Mac being a PC. But nonetheless, you are technically correct.

And Apple designs their products with the *RICH* stupid person in mind. Which is contradictory when you think about it, but true nonetheless. As only rich people could afford to refresh their computers year after year, and only stupid people would not see things on a purely economic viewpoint and pay vastly more for something that doesn't perform as well as a PC.

But then again, some people are very concerned about their image, and I guess Apple products *do* have a tendency to alleviate those concerns. So who am I to say whether Apple is crapple or not?

/endrant.

eatfoodnow

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Who cares about the upgrade to the 6770m, they just did an effective price drop of $150 on the original upper 15" model (looking at refurbished models of course). It's only $1700 for a very high quality built laptop with specs near a sager np5165 (with the core i7 2630qm upgrade of course) which is around $950, although that's without an OS. Pretty good deal for a macbook pro!

cold fire

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Meanwhile, the Lenovo Y470 is only $749 !!

And it has similar and some better specs than the CrapBook

-2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M 1GB
-8 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz
-500GB 7200rpm
-And lastly a better OS --Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
A laptop half the cost if not less can provide just as much usability, better specs, and overall a better deal for the price. I don't want to pay over a grand extra for a stupid glowing Apple on my laptop...

If you are technologically illiterate or mentally challenged, an Apple logo means a lot. It is like man who is illiterate pulling a gold plated pen to sign his name.

garrick

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007
For that much money Apple should put in 8gb of ram at least. I also can't believe they haven't been putting 500gb hdds in until now since even budget laptops these days come with 500gb by default.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]Agreed, Apple build their PCs to exploit dumb people......and yea Macs are PCs too,look up on the definition of Personal Computer[/citation]
every geek knows that the word PC stands for a machine with Windows OS....noob :)

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Say what you will about the price, but there is no denying a Macbook Pro is stylish and solid. Once you've held an aluminum laptop and used it for an hour or two, everything else feels flimsy and cheap by comparison.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
^^ This is why Apple is still in business folks. LOL. It's stylish. Who cares. Its a laptop not a new pair of kicks its need to be powerful, and affordable not stylish.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
@halls Except if you're using another business-class laptop. You only seem to be thinking of consumer-level junk for doing actual work on.

Ever heard of a ThinkPad? Those things will stand up to much more than a Macbook Pro will, are higher-speced, and have more features than a MBP does. They've got better keyboards, are more durable, have user-replaceable parts, and have more features and power than a Mac does.

Oh yeah, and they're pretty much the gold standard for enterprise laptops. Just like they've been for the past 15 years.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
[citation][nom]halls[/nom]Say what you will about the price, but there is no denying a Macbook Pro is stylish and solid. Once you've held an aluminum laptop and used it for an hour or two, everything else feels flimsy and cheap by comparison.[/citation]
superficiality at its best. I can understand if an apple user claims its 'more user friendly' and it suits their modus operandi, but when they get the apple product b/c of its looks, they just provide ammo to apple-haters.
I got an Envy17 (default 6850m) modded with an ssd and extra ram at >$1000 less and, for superficial purposes, it looks and sounds waaaaaayyyyyy better than its MBP cousin, but that's my opinion.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.