when do i need to reboot?

peter

I'm experimenting with network sharing and permission setting, users, etc in
a workgroup LAN. This experiment is very slow to do because sometimes after
changing an account password, I have to reboot thisPC with the shared folder
in order for otherPC to access the folder. Sometimes I even have to reboot
otherPC to gain access to the folder even though all I change is the
password on thisPC.

Could someone give me a hint on when or why I need to reboot?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for posting here.

From your post, my understanding of this issue is: You want to know why you
have to restart the computer with shared folder even and the Client
computer, to access the shared folder successfully from the client, after
changing the user's password in the "Server" computer. If this is not
correct, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my experience, this issue may occur if you have accessed the
shared folder before the password changing, since there have been a session
between the Client and the Server. In this case, you may try to close the
previous session and create a new one. You may use the following command
to delete the exist connection and then try to access the shared folder
again:

net use * /d

If this cannot help you on your issue, please let me know the error message
verbatim if you don't restart and access the shared folder directly after
changing password.

Hope this helps!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,