Accessing documents under old user accounts

July 13, 2005 3:02:01 AM

Recently my computer was infected by a worm that ate up my system resources.
I was not able to restore the system back to a previous state, nor was I able
to back-up my documents, so I was forced to reinstall Windows XP Professional
version 2002 and all of my other applications. A new Active Directory was
created, giving me new user accounts, even though I used the same user names
that had been created under the old installation. Under one of the old user
accounts, I had a folder that was password protected, and it contained
several important documents. Since the new Active Directory does not
recognize that old user folder, I can not gain access to the folder to
retrieve the files, even when logged on as the administrator. I get an error
message that reads:
“C:\Documents and Settings\P\My Documents\P is not accessible. Access is
denied.�

Is there any way to unlock that folder so that I can access my documents?
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 4:18:37 AM

Take Ownership, #9 on this link:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/adsecurity.htm