Not applicable Update shows up

a b 8 Security
July 13, 2005 10:26:03 AM

The following update shows up as a required update. But I don't have
Microsoft VM on my machine. So, why is this update showing up?

816093: Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine (Microsoft VM)

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 16, 2005 10:30:02 AM

Mitija Hrovat had suggested the following in an earlier post which solved the
"automatic update" problem. But it still does not solve the Update Manager
thinking that some software is installed on the computer, which is actually
not installed. Any help appreciated:

Quote:

Start / Run: services.msc
Double click Automatic Updates service and click STOP
Change the startup type to Manual

Open Windows Explorer
Browse to %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution (where %SystemRoot% is usually
c:\windows)

Copy Folders Download and DataStore to another location
Open Download folder and delete the content
Open DataStore and delete the content

Start / Run: services.msc
Change the startup type to Automatic
Double click Automatic Updates service and click START
[END QUOTE]

!