Not applicable Update shows up

The following update shows up as a required update. But I don't have
Microsoft VM on my machine. So, why is this update showing up?

816093: Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine (Microsoft VM)

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about applicable update shows

    Mitija Hrovat had suggested the following in an earlier post which solved the
    "automatic update" problem. But it still does not solve the Update Manager
    thinking that some software is installed on the computer, which is actually
    not installed. Any help appreciated:

    Start / Run: services.msc
    Double click Automatic Updates service and click STOP
    Change the startup type to Manual

    Open Windows Explorer
    Browse to %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution (where %SystemRoot% is usually
    c:\windows)

    Copy Folders Download and DataStore to another location
    Open Download folder and delete the content
    Open DataStore and delete the content

    Start / Run: services.msc
    Change the startup type to Automatic
    Double click Automatic Updates service and click START
    [END QUOTE]

    "Bald Eagle" wrote:

    > The following update shows up as a required update. But I don't have
    > Microsoft VM on my machine. So, why is this update showing up?
    >
    > 816093: Security Update Microsoft Virtual Machine (Microsoft VM)
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

Virtual Machine Security Microsoft Windows XP