I have just installed a new 2003 server with AD. My old server was 2000 with
AD and I was using group policy to secure my users and workstations. The new
server does not have any policies set, except the default domain policy, yet
my workstations are retaining the old policies. HELP! I have researched how
to clear this and nothing helps. I ran secedit at a command line to
overwrite and restore the default policy but when I add my network user
again, the old security policies are still in place. Any help would be
appreciated!

I have found the answer! My tech person at this campus had copied a modified
ntuser.dat file into the Default User folder and that was causing the
problem. This is FYI if anyone else has a problem with securities.

"kelmel" wrote:

> I have just installed a new 2003 server with AD. My old server was 2000 with
> AD and I was using group policy to secure my users and workstations. The new
> server does not have any policies set, except the default domain policy, yet
> my workstations are retaining the old policies. HELP! I have researched how
> to clear this and nothing helps. I ran secedit at a command line to
> overwrite and restore the default policy but when I add my network user
> again, the old security policies are still in place. Any help would be
> appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS