Strange scart s-video problem

beemer

My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
is excellent and in colour.

Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
video but it is in black and white.

My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Beemer

beemer

"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
is excellent and in colour.

Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
video but it is in black and white.

My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Beemer

I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.

I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the video
being played is only seen in black and white.

Still looking for help

Beemer

You'll find your answer here:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo output.

Le Tue, 03 May 2005 08:21:32 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :

>"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
>adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
>is excellent and in colour.
>
>Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
>video but it is in black and white.
>
>My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129
>
>Anyone know how I can fix this?
>
>Beemer
>
>I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.
>
>I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
>my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the video
>being played is only seen in black and white.
>
>Still looking for help
>
>Beemer

beemer

<Lo> wrote in message news:edke71pfpo5s5ncsr04gro6qk1pj1tofab@4ax.com...
You'll find your answer here:
http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo
output.

Le Tue, 03 May 2005 08:21:32 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :

>"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
>adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
>is excellent and in colour.
>
>Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
>video but it is in black and white.
>
>My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129
>
>Anyone know how I can fix this?
>
>Beemer
>
>I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.
>
>I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
>my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the
>video
>being played is only seen in black and white.
>
>Still looking for help
>
>Beemer

Lo,

Thanks but for picture quality reason I'm looking for a solution which keeps
s-video not composite

Beemer

Le Tue, 03 May 2005 13:03:45 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :

><Lo> wrote in message news:edke71pfpo5s5ncsr04gro6qk1pj1tofab@4ax.com...
>You'll find your answer here:
>http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
>I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo
>output.
>

>Le Tue, 03 May 2005 08:21:32 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :
>

>>"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
>>adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The picture
>>is excellent and in colour.
>>
>>Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
>>video but it is in black and white.
>>
>>My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129
>>
>>Anyone know how I can fix this?
>>
>>Beemer
>>
>>I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.
>>
>>I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
>>my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the
>>video
>>being played is only seen in black and white.
>>
>>Still looking for help
>>
>>Beemer
>>
>Lo,
>
>Thanks but for picture quality reason I'm looking for a solution which keeps
>s-video not composite
>
>Beemer

You'll find better result than composite even if you add a small capacitor. I put a capacitor in the
little SCART adapter (i can send pictures) which is connected to the television, then the svideo
cable from SCART to Svideo out of the ati board. Result is good, i mean better than composite, and
the chroma channel is present.

Lo

beemer

<Lo> wrote in message news:s3df71d2e8vh7os5koj8eqf4pjhm13ckr8@4ax.com...
Le Tue, 03 May 2005 13:03:45 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :

><Lo> wrote in message news:edke71pfpo5s5ncsr04gro6qk1pj1tofab@4ax.com...
>You'll find your answer here:
>http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
>I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo
>output.
>

>Le Tue, 03 May 2005 08:21:32 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :
>

>>"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
>>adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The
>>picture
>>is excellent and in colour.
>>
>>Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
>>video but it is in black and white.
>>
>>My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129
>>
>>Anyone know how I can fix this?
>>
>>Beemer
>>
>>I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.
>>
>>I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
>>my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the
>>video
>>being played is only seen in black and white.
>>
>>Still looking for help
>>
>>Beemer
>>
>Lo,
>
>Thanks but for picture quality reason I'm looking for a solution which
>keeps
>s-video not composite
>
>Beemer

You'll find better result than composite even if you add a small capacitor.
I put a capacitor in the
little SCART adapter (i can send pictures) which is connected to the
television, then the svideo
cable from SCART to Svideo out of the ati board. Result is good, i mean
better than composite, and
the chroma channel is present.

Lo

Lo for you is this PAL or NTSC?

Beemer

Le Fri, 06 May 2005 06:39:27 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :

><Lo> wrote in message news:s3df71d2e8vh7os5koj8eqf4pjhm13ckr8@4ax.com...
>Le Tue, 03 May 2005 13:03:45 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :
>

>><Lo> wrote in message news:edke71pfpo5s5ncsr04gro6qk1pj1tofab@4ax.com...
>>You'll find your answer here:
>>http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html
>>I used exactly same stuff to get colors with my dell laptop ati svideo
>>output.
>>

>>Le Tue, 03 May 2005 08:21:32 GMT, "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> a écrit :
>>

>>>"Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>My Sony VCR only has SCART (Peritel) connector. I fit a SCART to S-VIDEO
>>>adaptor then connect the S-VIDEO to my Sony TV (PAL) and play. The
>>>picture
>>>is excellent and in colour.
>>>
>>>Now if I swing the S-VIDEO cable over to my Radeon 9800 Pro I see the same
>>>video but it is in black and white.
>>>
>>>My adaptor is a JVC interconnect VZ-J129
>>>
>>>Anyone know how I can fix this?
>>>
>>>Beemer
>>>
>>>I'm replying to my own post after seeing that I said something stupid.
>>>
>>>I do not "swing over the S-video cable to the Radeon 9800 Pro" but over to
>>>my Adaptec Videoh! PCI capture card S-Video input. Its then that the
>>>video
>>>being played is only seen in black and white.
>>>
>>>Still looking for help
>>>
>>>Beemer
>>>
>>Lo,
>>
>>Thanks but for picture quality reason I'm looking for a solution which
>>keeps
>>s-video not composite
>>
>>Beemer
>>

>You'll find better result than composite even if you add a small capacitor.
>I put a capacitor in the
>little SCART adapter (i can send pictures) which is connected to the
>television, then the svideo
>cable from SCART to Svideo out of the ati board. Result is good, i mean
>better than composite, and
>the chroma channel is present.
>
>Lo
>
>Lo for you is this PAL or NTSC?
>
>Beemer

Hi,

This is PAL for my cable TV broadcasts. I don't know the format for playing the DVD through TV.
I think it is not important.

Lo

TRENDING THREADS