Legacy Rage 128

Hi all,
I finally did what I was dreading to do. I cleaned my hard drive and
reinstalled win98. All seems well except for the ATI Rage 128 AGP with 16
meg of RAM. I have the latest stuff from ATI and It has identified the card
correctly and I have done a physical check to confirm this. However, when I
reboot after installing the driver I get a black screen with an egg timer.
I updated to Active X 9, deleted the driver from add/remove SW and
reinstalled the latest driver. Now I have lost the egg timer. It is okay
in safe mode. I am now quite confused with Rage 128, Rage pro 128, Rage
expert and other ATI names. Are any of you guys able to figure out what to
do? I would really appreciate any help.

Also do these various Rage cards from Race IIc onwards have any
similarities other than the name?

Regards Ian
1 answer Last reply
More about legacy rage

    "Stan" <stan@there.ici> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I finally did what I was dreading to do. I cleaned my hard drive and
    > reinstalled win98. All seems well except for the ATI Rage 128 AGP with 16
    > meg of RAM. I have the latest stuff from ATI and It has identified the
    card
    > correctly and I have done a physical check to confirm this. However, when
    > reboot after installing the driver I get a black screen with an egg timer.
    > I updated to Active X 9, deleted the driver from add/remove SW and
    > reinstalled the latest driver. Now I have lost the egg timer. It is okay
    > in safe mode. I am now quite confused with Rage 128, Rage pro 128, Rage
    > expert and other ATI names. Are any of you guys able to figure out what
    > do? I would really appreciate any help.
    >
    > Also do these various Rage cards from Race IIc onwards have any
    > similarities other than the name?
    >

    > Regards Ian

    Rage 128 series cards are newer than the Rage series cards. Catalyst drivers
    are for the Radeon series cards. You want drivers for the Rage 128. Don't
    worry about whether its Pro or not.

Radeon Legacy ATI Graphics