Edit system.adm

Hi,

I wish to edit the system.adm to hide the C & D drive. Unfortunately the GP
doesn't have that option. I'm currently looking at the NoViewOnDrive section
& each option has a numerical value.

Does anyone know if there is a numerical value I can use, or if it's even
possible to hide both of these drive?

Cheers

POLICY !!NoViewOnDrive
#if version >= 4
SUPPORTED !!SUPPORTED_Win2k
#endif

EXPLAIN !!NoViewOnDrive_Help
PART !!NoDrivesDropdown DROPDOWNLIST NOSORT REQUIRED
VALUENAME "NoViewOnDrive"
ITEMLIST
NAME !!ABOnly VALUE NUMERIC 3
NAME !!COnly VALUE NUMERIC 4
NAME !!DOnly VALUE NUMERIC 8
NAME !!ABConly VALUE NUMERIC 7
NAME !!ABCDOnly VALUE NUMERIC 15
NAME !!ALLDrives VALUE NUMERIC 67108863 DEFAULT
; low 26 bits on (1 bit per drive)
NAME !!RestNoDrives VALUE NUMERIC 0
END ITEMLIST
END PART
END POLICY

Download and install TweakUI:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)

After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
TweakUI. Expand 'My Computer', click on 'Drives', then uncheck the
drive letter you wish to hide.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"no1bossman" wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I wish to edit the system.adm to hide the C & D drive. Unfortunately the GP
| doesn't have that option. I'm currently looking at the NoViewOnDrive section
| & each option has a numerical value.
|
| Does anyone know if there is a numerical value I can use, or if it's even
| possible to hide both of these drive?
|
| Cheers
|
| POLICY !!NoViewOnDrive
| #if version >= 4
| SUPPORTED !!SUPPORTED_Win2k
| #endif
|
| EXPLAIN !!NoViewOnDrive_Help
| PART !!NoDrivesDropdown DROPDOWNLIST NOSORT REQUIRED
| VALUENAME "NoViewOnDrive"
| ITEMLIST
| NAME !!ABOnly VALUE NUMERIC 3
| NAME !!COnly VALUE NUMERIC 4
| NAME !!DOnly VALUE NUMERIC 8
| NAME !!ABConly VALUE NUMERIC 7
| NAME !!ABCDOnly VALUE NUMERIC 15
| NAME !!ALLDrives VALUE NUMERIC 67108863 DEFAULT
| ; low 26 bits on (1 bit per drive)
| NAME !!RestNoDrives VALUE NUMERIC 0
| END ITEMLIST
| END PART
| END POLICY

Thanks, but is there are possible solution through group policy?

no1bossman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish to edit the system.adm to hide the C & D drive.
> Unfortunately the GP doesn't have that option. I'm
> currently looking at the NoViewOnDrive section & each option
> has a numerical value.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a numerical value I can use, or
> if it's even possible to hide both of these drive?
>
> Cheers
>
> POLICY !!NoViewOnDrive
> #if version >= 4
> SUPPORTED !!SUPPORTED_Win2k
> #endif
>
> EXPLAIN !!NoViewOnDrive_Help
> PART !!NoDrivesDropdown DROPDOWNLIST NOSORT REQUIRED
> VALUENAME "NoViewOnDrive"
> ITEMLIST
> NAME !!ABOnly VALUE NUMERIC 3
> NAME !!COnly VALUE NUMERIC 4
> NAME !!DOnly VALUE NUMERIC 8
> NAME !!ABConly VALUE NUMERIC 7
> NAME !!ABCDOnly VALUE NUMERIC 15
> NAME !!ALLDrives VALUE NUMERIC 67108863 DEFAULT
> ; low 26 bits on (1 bit per drive)
> NAME !!RestNoDrives VALUE NUMERIC 0
> END ITEMLIST
> END PART
> END POLICY

It's 12. The drives that are hidden are the sum of their
position in the alphabet given a binary value. For instance A
is 1, B is 2, C is 4, D is 8, E is 16 and so on. Note how
ALLDrives is 2 to the 26th power. I have no idea how you
implement that in group policy but that's how it works in the
registry. Here's an article that describes that process:

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Cheers that's the exact answer I wanted!