For the past few weeks, I have not been able to access functions on my
computer with Windows XP Home Edition. Whe trying to open my User Accounts
folder in the control panel, the folder seems to be empty. All 4 user
accounts show up when logging in.

I cannot utilize my search function or help function either. When clicking
on them, nothing seems to happen.

Any clues?

You will be able to access user accounts if you type this into the "Run"
box:

"control userpasswords2" (without quotes of course).

Then, click on "Add..." button and add one more user account.
Reboot your system.
Then see what happens when you try to access User Accounts in CP.

Even better, I found a link in Microsoft Support that explains all
about it and I think it should work for you:

http://tinyurl.com/cebxb

Let me know if you solve this problem.

--
Madboy

Poor advice.

*DO NOT* use the Userpasswords2 applet to add or modify users in Windows XP
Home Edition. This tool is reserved for Windows XP Professional Edition.

XP Home users should use control userpasswords *NOT* control userpasswords2.

Windows XP Home Edition errors when using 'Control Userpasswords2' to add a
user
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBM/tip6400/rh6488.htm

13. Advanced User Management in Windows XP Home
http://snakefoot.fateback.com/tweak/winnt/usermgt.html#USERPASSWORDS2

Using control userpasswords2 with XP Home can cause severe problems.

How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/Q279783

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes