  • VGA
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2005 11:38:26 AM

I have an emachines 6212 with an ATI X700 PCI Express video card. This
computer has an onboard x200 but that automatically disables once the PCI-E
slot is inhabited by a card. All was working just fine when I had my VGA
CRT plugged into the VGA port. I then purchased a DVI to VGA adapter and
plugged in a secondary VGA monitor into the DVI port. Now whenever there is
either hard drive activity or network activity (can't tell which one it is)
the displays both flash off and then back on again. Any ideas how to solve
this problem?

--
BigK wrote this and it is shareware.
That means that if you plan to keep this

More about : x700 dual display problems

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 2:08:45 AM

Bump ...
Anyone have a solution for this ...
"bigk" <bigk@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
>I have an emachines 6212 with an ATI X700 PCI Express video card. This
>computer has an onboard x200 but that automatically disables once the PCI-E
>slot is inhabited by a card. All was working just fine when I had my VGA
>CRT plugged into the VGA port. I then purchased a DVI to VGA adapter and
>plugged in a secondary VGA monitor into the DVI port. Now whenever there
>is either hard drive activity or network activity (can't tell which one it
>is) the displays both flash off and then back on again. Any ideas how to
>solve this problem?
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 5:36:23 PM

"bigk" wrote:
> Bump ...
> Anyone have a solution for this ...
> "bigk" <bigk@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
> >I have an emachines 6212 with an ATI X700 PCI Express video
> card. This
> >computer has an onboard x200 but that automatically disables
> once the PCI-E
> >slot is inhabited by a card. All was working just fine when
> I had my VGA
> >CRT plugged into the VGA port. I then purchased a DVI to VGA
> adapter and
> >plugged in a secondary VGA monitor into the DVI port. Now
> whenever there
> >is either hard drive activity or network activity (can't tell
> which one it
> >is) the displays both flash off and then back on again. Any
> ideas how to
> >solve this problem?

I’m having the nearly the same problem! When my CPU usage is
relatively low, things are fine, but anything with more intensive
(like DrDivx) and my video becomes unstable (flickering on one,
flashing on the other). Are there any suggestions out there?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-x700-Dual-Display-pro...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=287019
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
June 26, 2005 2:59:23 PM

"TranzMatt" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> "bigk" wrote:
> > Bump ...
> > Anyone have a solution for this ...
> > "bigk" <bigk@bellsouth.com> wrote in message
> > >I have an emachines 6212 with an ATI X700 PCI Express video
> > card. This
> > >computer has an onboard x200 but that automatically disables
> > once the PCI-E
> > >slot is inhabited by a card. All was working just fine when
> > I had my VGA
> > >CRT plugged into the VGA port. I then purchased a DVI to VGA
> > adapter and
> > >plugged in a secondary VGA monitor into the DVI port. Now
> > whenever there
> > >is either hard drive activity or network activity (can't tell
> > which one it
> > >is) the displays both flash off and then back on again. Any
> > ideas how to
> > >solve this problem?
>
> I'm having the nearly the same problem! When my CPU usage is
> relatively low, things are fine, but anything with more intensive
> (like DrDivx) and my video becomes unstable (flickering on one,
> flashing on the other). Are there any suggestions out there?
>
> --

Yup same here with a ATI Radeon X700 Pro with (2) Dell P1110 21" Monitors.

I just disconnected my wireless Microsoft mouse and used a PS/2 mouse and
things seem to be better.
Intellimouse 5.2 software BTW.

NASCAR Season 2002 Racing - 2 1/2 hours playing @ 1600x1200 32bit = no
problems

Half Life 2 - 2 hours playing @ (I think) 1600x1200 32bit = no problems

I still have on the USB bus, (1) Logitech QuickCam Chat, (1) Thrustmaster
NASCAR Digital Pro steering wheel & (1) USB Multi card reader in the floppy
slot kind of thing.

Intel D915GAV mb, P4 3.0Ghz, (latest Bios)
2x512mb SimpleTech NITRO ram,
ATI X700 Pro 256mb, CATALST Version 05.5, Packaging version:
8.132-050503a2-022511c
Control Panel:6.14.10.5154
(2) Dell P1110 21" Monitors @ 1600x1200
(4) 74gb 10k Raptor HD's, (1) 80gb 7.2k IDE HD,
(1) LiteOn DVD DL burner,
In a proper P4 side vent case with 3 hi rpm (4,000) case fans & original 350
watt PSU, replaced by a 400 watt PSU from another (new) cheap azz case
kicking around here. On a ZeroSurge + CyberPower 1500AVR UPS power line.

Just thought I'd try the PS/2 mouse as I was getting sick of the wireless
optical mouse (pad stiction & erratic curser) before I spend $200+ on a
proper 24 pin PSU.

I'll get back here after further testing with DOOM III & DOOM III ROE.
Anonymous
June 27, 2005 1:37:00 AM

"murph1012" wrote:
> [...]
> ATI X700 Pro 256mb, CATALST Version 05.5, Packaging version:
> 8.132-050503a2-022511c
> Control Panel:6.14.10.5154
> (2) Dell P1110 21" Monitors @ 1600x1200
> (4) 74gb 10k Raptor HD's, (1) 80gb 7.2k IDE HD,
> (1) LiteOn DVD DL burner,
> In a proper P4 side vent case with 3 hi rpm (4,000) case fans
> & original 350
> watt PSU, replaced by a 400 watt PSU from another (new) cheap
> azz case
> kicking around here. On a ZeroSurge + CyberPower 1500AVR UPS
> power line.
>
> Just thought I'd try the PS/2 mouse as I was getting sick of
> the wireless
> optical mouse (pad stiction & erratic curser) before I spend
> $200+ on a
> proper 24 pin PSU.
>
> I'll get back here after further testing with DOOM III & DOOM

Turns out my problem was that I was drawing a bit too much wattage
across my UPS. An APC upgrade and things are running smoothly.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-x700-Dual-Display-pro...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=293354
!