Illegal copy of XP Pro

a b 8 Security
July 14, 2005 6:10:31 PM

Hi all
A student friend of mine has a second hand pc with XP Pro installed. He is
entitled to purchase academic software. On attempting to upgrade the PC to
SP2, the upgrade would not proceed because of a problem with the legality of
the existing installation. What is the best way to proceed after purchasing
a legal copy without losing the data on his machine? Please address any
replies to the news group. My email address is false.

More about : illegal copy pro

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 14, 2005 6:10:32 PM

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xp_in_place_upgrade.h...
peterk

the problem
"Bert" <nobody123@antispam.com.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all
> A student friend of mine has a second hand pc with XP Pro installed. He
> is entitled to purchase academic software. On attempting to upgrade the
> PC to SP2, the upgrade would not proceed because of a problem with the
> legality of the existing installation. What is the best way to proceed
> after purchasing a legal copy without losing the data on his machine?
> Please address any replies to the news group. My email address is false.

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 14, 2005 7:56:31 PM

My sincere thanks for the reply. Please address any replies to the news
group. My email address is false. Bert

!