my documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello everyone

I have a problem with my pc. Can anybody help me?
I normally save my all works and files in my documents folder in my
windows xp os.
I have a username to log in to my pc.underthis user name I had made my
documents private.
One day to do some work I logged in to the PC as an administrator.
Here I delete my user account and created with same name again.
But now I have lost all my documents. I can see it's there in my
documents and settings but access denied because of the folder made
PRIVATE.
Can you help me to get my documents back?

Thank you

Seatog

ashique wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I have a problem with my pc. Can anybody help me?
> I normally save my all works and files in my documents
> folder in my windows xp os.
> I have a username to log in to my pc.underthis user name I
> had made my documents private.
> One day to do some work I logged in to the PC as an
> administrator. Here I delete my user account and created
> with same name again.
> But now I have lost all my documents. I can see it's there
> in my documents and settings but access denied because of
> the folder made PRIVATE.
> Can you help me to get my documents back?
>
> Thank you
>
> Seatog

You need to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for
the procedure:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Nepatsfan