radeon omega drivers and smartgart uninstall utility....

i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
with their performance.

while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.

what is this utility used for?

i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
anything with a pci card?

tai,
bob brozewicz

"bob brozewicz" <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote in message
>i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
>with their performance.
>
> while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
> listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.
>
> what is this utility used for?
>
> i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
> anything with a pci card?
>
> tai,
> bob brozewicz

I know you have a "shift" key, as you have used a ?, which requires
one.

Luck;
Ken

bob brozewicz wrote:

> i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
> with their performance.
>
> while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
> listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.
>
> what is this utility used for?
>
> i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
> anything with a pci card?
>
> tai,
> bob brozewicz

dont quote me but i think smartgart is only AGP related.

Gordon Scott wrote:
> bob brozewicz wrote:
>
>>i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
>>with their performance.
>>
>>while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
>>listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.
>>
>>what is this utility used for?
>>
>>i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
>>anything with a pci card?
>>
>>tai,
>>bob brozewicz
>

> dont quote me but i think smartgart is only AGP related.

after revisiting ati's and the omegadrivers web page i agree that they
are agp related.

thanks yo the reply.

i see you have a SHIFT key too.