radeon omega drivers and smartgart uninstall utility....

i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
with their performance.

while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.

what is this utility used for?

i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
anything with a pci card?

tai,
bob brozewicz
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon omega drivers smartgart uninstall utility

    "bob brozewicz" <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
    >with their performance.
    >
    > while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
    > listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.
    >
    > what is this utility used for?
    >
    > i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
    > anything with a pci card?
    >
    > tai,
    > bob brozewicz

    I know you have a "shift" key, as you have used a ?, which requires
    one.

    Luck;
    Ken

    bob brozewicz wrote:

    > i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
    > with their performance.
    >
    > while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
    > listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.
    >
    > what is this utility used for?
    >
    > i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
    > anything with a pci card?
    >
    > tai,
    > bob brozewicz

    dont quote me but i think smartgart is only AGP related.

    Gordon Scott wrote:
    > bob brozewicz wrote:
    >
    >>i just tried the new omega drivers for the first time and i am satisfied
    >>with their performance.
    >>
    >>while i was at the web site downloading and reading some of the things
    >>listed, i noticed a smartgart uninstall utility.
    >>
    >>what is this utility used for?
    >>
    >>i have an ati radeon 9200 128meg pci card. do i need this utility for
    >>anything with a pci card?
    >>
    >>tai,
    >>bob brozewicz
    >

    > dont quote me but i think smartgart is only AGP related.

    after revisiting ati's and the omegadrivers web page i agree that they
    are agp related.

    thanks yo the reply.

    i see you have a SHIFT key too.

Radeon Drivers ATI Graphics