Troubleshoot Firewall

July 14, 2005 11:30:05 AM

My windows firewall has refused to be switched on. When I double click the
icon in my control panel a prompt comes up saying "Windows firewall settings
cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. Do you
want to start Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service?"
When I click yes, it start doing exactly that but the another prompt comes up
saying "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection (ICS)
Service" What should I do to turn on my firwall?

More about : troubleshoot firewall

July 14, 2005 3:00:51 PM

Nova wrote:
> My windows firewall has refused to be switched on. When I double
> click the icon in my control panel a prompt comes up saying "Windows
> firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service
> is not running. Do you want to start Windows Firewall/Internet
> Connection Sharing (ICS) service?" When I click yes, it start doing
> exactly that but the another prompt comes up saying "Windows cannot
> start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection (ICS) Service" What
> should I do to turn on my firwall?

Go to admin tools>services find the firewall (internet connection firewall
ICF)
right click on it and select properties then dependencies,all of these other
service must also be running in order for the firewall to enable.

--
Mike Pawlak
!