Windows Updates

mark

I've initiated Windows Automatic Updates, in which Windows downloads and
installs whatever updates are available at 3am in the morning.

What I'd like to find out is how to see the updates that have been installed
on my computer, the K#'s.

I've gone under Add/Remove Programs - Applications, but have not seen any
listing: no Updates may have been installed since I've initiated this
service.

What program do I use to see the Update that have been installed on my
computer.

Thank You in advance for your help,

-- Mark

Mark wrote:

> I've initiated Windows Automatic Updates, in which Windows
> downloads and installs whatever updates are available at 3am
> in the morning.
>
> What I'd like to find out is how to see the updates that have
> been installed on my computer, the K#'s.
>
> I've gone under Add/Remove Programs - Applications, but have
> not seen any listing: no Updates may have been installed
> since I've initiated this service.
>
> What program do I use to see the Update that have been
> installed on my computer.
Hi,

In the link below is a VBScript that outputs all the installation
history to a text file.

"View Installation History" for WU5 without using the WU Web site
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/dee85221176110ad?dmode=source&hl=en

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

You can go to Windows update website and click on "show installation
history."

"Mark" <mark.lira@ttu.edu> wrote in message
> I've initiated Windows Automatic Updates, in which Windows downloads and
> installs whatever updates are available at 3am in the morning.
>
> What I'd like to find out is how to see the updates that have been
> installed on my computer, the K#'s.
>
> I've gone under Add/Remove Programs - Applications, but have not seen any
> listing: no Updates may have been installed since I've initiated this
> service.
>
> What program do I use to see the Update that have been installed on my
> computer.
>
> Thank You in advance for your help,
>
> -- Mark

www.nirsoft.net
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wul.html
Displays the list of all Windows updates (Service Packs and Hotfixes) installed on
your local computer.

Some users prefer: http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit

From Microsoft - Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer.
Performs a verification by running directly on your computer, and alerts you to any
updates that are not actually installed.
http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/0/7/90769f0c-c025-48bf-a9c7-60072d0cb717/MBSASetup-EN.msi

Mark wrote:
> I've initiated Windows Automatic Updates, in which Windows downloads
> and installs whatever updates are available at 3am in the morning.
>
> What I'd like to find out is how to see the updates that have been
> installed on my computer, the K#'s.
>
> I've gone under Add/Remove Programs - Applications, but have not seen
> any listing: no Updates may have been installed since I've initiated
> this service.
>
> What program do I use to see the Update that have been installed on my
> computer.
>
> Thank You in advance for your help,
>
> -- Mark

I probably should have posted this under a new question but 'new question'
would not open. My problem with updates is similar to all of yours. In 'add
and remove programs' Windows XP x64 updates are listed. However, when I go
to Microsoft's site and click 'show update history' it tells me I have never
installed updates and am not configured for automatic updates. I have set my
computer to install updates automatically at 0500 daily. WHAT??? is going on
here? Any answers anybody??
--
Respectfully,
Linjot