Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

I am running Windows XP Home Edition. I can not remember my admin password.
Is there a way to change, disable, or bypass the admin password?

One cannot bypass a password.

Lost, Forgotten, or Expired Passwords:

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Jupiter Jones]

Windows XP Key is a program to reset Windows XP security
if Administrator password, secure boot password or key disk is lost.
http://www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm

Forgot your admin password?

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

DEL wrote:

> I am running Windows XP Home Edition. I can not remember my admin password.
> Is there a way to change, disable, or bypass the admin password?
Hi,

Log on with the builtin Administrator user:

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
(you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: