New System won't start

G

Building a new computer with MSI K7T Turbo. Hooked everything up and nothing! No power at all! Can't even get fans to spin? What am I missing? Please help!!!

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Is the motherboard light on?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

No LEDS No Fans No Nothing. Replaced Pwr. Supply. Checked power sw. pins removed all components except CPU, heatsink, Video card & ram and still nothing. Can a bad heatsink fan keep it from powering up?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Not sure about your exact motherboard, but yes some require the heatsink fan to be connected so if yours is faulty you just will get nothing....it's for the obvious reasons. Try another fan...or short it out temporarily to see if you get a go. I would just get another fan though since you can burn up pretty quick.

<font color=red>This is a forum, not a chat room. You aren't going to find a date here.</font color=red>

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Heres one that my friend and I personally screwed up on an Abit BP6. Check the CMOS reset jumper. It was set right according to the board, but not the manual. We tried differant power supplys and all, but it was just one damn jumper. Had same problems of no power coming on at all. The board came set that way too, so check it just in case. We spent two days trying to solve that damn problem!

A wise man once said, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

G

Kal326, I had the same thoughts on the clear CMOS jumper. The board came in the clear position from the factory and I moved it to save brfore power up. going to call MSI on that one. Also going to try a new fan. Running out of options!! Thanks for the response!!

G

Just wanted to let everyone know I am up and running. The freakin MSI manual was wrong on setting the clear CMOS jumper. BUTTHEADS had it backwards!!! wasted my whole weekend. Thanks

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I know the feeling man, spent two or threes days working with my friend on his system. Took the thing apart and started from scratch, differant parts to test and all. One little miss labeled jumper screws everything up. Your glad its working, but pissed it was something simple. Still nice to here your up and running.

A wise man once said, "Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."

dhlucke

Polypheme
It's always something simple for me. But after those 3 days I sure am worn out. But at least I know going in that it's simple. It's like murphy's law or something...

I probably shouldn't jinx myself....maybe it won't be simple next time :(

<font color=red>This is a forum, not a chat room. You aren't going to find a date here.</font color=red>