Baseline Security Analyzer shows Guest Account is enabled...

Hello.

I just ran the Baseline Security Analyzer on my WinXP Pro notebook. It
avised me to disable the Guest Account which I did. Unfortunately, when
re-analyze the notebook, I still get the Administrative Vulnerability "The
Guest account is not diabled on this computer."

Anyone else have a similar occurance? Any guidance out there on this?

Thanks in advance...
3 answers Last reply
More about baseline security analyzer shows guest account enabled

    Make sure that the Guest account is disabled.

    Open Local Users and Groups...
    Start | Run | Type: lusrmgr.msc | Click OK |
    Click on Users in the left hand pane | If Guest does not show a red x |
    Right click Guest | Properties | select the Account is disabled check box

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0524DDD9-E306-4D8C-92B2-7C8B88B9E980@microsoft.com,
    Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just ran the Baseline Security Analyzer on my WinXP Pro notebook. It
    > avised me to disable the Guest Account which I did. Unfortunately, when
    > re-analyze the notebook, I still get the Administrative Vulnerability "The
    > Guest account is not diabled on this computer."
    >
    > Anyone else have a similar occurance? Any guidance out there on this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    Thank you very much. That worked perfectly.

    Art

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Make sure that the Guest account is disabled.
    >
    > Open Local Users and Groups...
    > Start | Run | Type: lusrmgr.msc | Click OK |
    > Click on Users in the left hand pane | If Guest does not show a red x |
    > Right click Guest | Properties | select the Account is disabled check box
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:0524DDD9-E306-4D8C-92B2-7C8B88B9E980@microsoft.com,
    > Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hello.
    > >
    > > I just ran the Baseline Security Analyzer on my WinXP Pro notebook. It
    > > avised me to disable the Guest Account which I did. Unfortunately, when
    > > re-analyze the notebook, I still get the Administrative Vulnerability "The
    > > Guest account is not diabled on this computer."
    > >
    > > Anyone else have a similar occurance? Any guidance out there on this?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance...

    Glad to hear it, Art. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:0771D9A3-5C72-419B-8D68-9C7F5C98C6ED@microsoft.com,
    Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thank you very much. That worked perfectly.
    >
    > Art
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Make sure that the Guest account is disabled.
    >>
    >> Open Local Users and Groups...
    >> Start | Run | Type: lusrmgr.msc | Click OK |
    >> Click on Users in the left hand pane | If Guest does not show a red x |
    >> Right click Guest | Properties | select the Account is disabled check box
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:0524DDD9-E306-4D8C-92B2-7C8B88B9E980@microsoft.com,
    >> Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hello.
    >>>
    >>> I just ran the Baseline Security Analyzer on my WinXP Pro notebook. It
    >>> avised me to disable the Guest Account which I did. Unfortunately, when
    >>> re-analyze the notebook, I still get the Administrative Vulnerability
    >>> "The Guest account is not diabled on this computer."
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else have a similar occurance? Any guidance out there on this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance...

Security Notebooks Microsoft Windows XP