Baseline Security Analyzer shows Guest Account is enabled...

Hello.

I just ran the Baseline Security Analyzer on my WinXP Pro notebook. It
avised me to disable the Guest Account which I did. Unfortunately, when
re-analyze the notebook, I still get the Administrative Vulnerability "The
Guest account is not diabled on this computer."

Anyone else have a similar occurance? Any guidance out there on this?

Thanks in advance...

Make sure that the Guest account is disabled.

Open Local Users and Groups...
Start | Run | Type: lusrmgr.msc | Click OK |
Click on Users in the left hand pane | If Guest does not show a red x |
Right click Guest | Properties | select the Account is disabled check box

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:0524DDD9-E306-4D8C-92B2-7C8B88B9E980@microsoft.com,
Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hello.
>
> I just ran the Baseline Security Analyzer on my WinXP Pro notebook. It
> avised me to disable the Guest Account which I did. Unfortunately, when
> re-analyze the notebook, I still get the Administrative Vulnerability "The
> Guest account is not diabled on this computer."
>
> Anyone else have a similar occurance? Any guidance out there on this?
>
> Thanks in advance...

Thank you very much. That worked perfectly.

Art

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Make sure that the Guest account is disabled.
>
> Open Local Users and Groups...
> Start | Run | Type: lusrmgr.msc | Click OK |
> Click on Users in the left hand pane | If Guest does not show a red x |
> Right click Guest | Properties | select the Account is disabled check box
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:0524DDD9-E306-4D8C-92B2-7C8B88B9E980@microsoft.com,
> Art <Art@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I just ran the Baseline Security Analyzer on my WinXP Pro notebook. It
> > avised me to disable the Guest Account which I did. Unfortunately, when
> > re-analyze the notebook, I still get the Administrative Vulnerability "The
> > Guest account is not diabled on this computer."
> >
> > Anyone else have a similar occurance? Any guidance out there on this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...

Glad to hear it, Art. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.