Conflicts between user account password protection and sch..

XP buffs,

I'm running XP home edition SP2, and use my computer from a secondary
administrator account, and I'm having a strange problem I can't figure out.

I'm using the Scheduled Tasks feature to make my PC come out of Standby to
run a Playlist in Windows Media Player. One of the problems is this task
will ONLY run if I have a password created for my admin account, and plug it
into the task configuration. Task just plain doesn't run if I don't have my
admin account under password.

This would only be a minor annoyance for me if the music played as it should
from the launch of the task scheduler ... unfortunately the WMA file that's
playing has random intermittently high pitched beeping sounds within it.

After a reboot the same WMA file plays just fine in Media Player, and just
to be thorough I scanned the music file with Norton, as I've heard music
files before that had viruses embedded in them that did the same intermittent
beeping.

So I've been doing a lot of reading in the Newsgroups here, and I'm
contemplating removing my current admin account in Safe Mode and reclaiming
all of the files on my PC under the main Administrator account. Not sure
what that would do however, so here's my questions (thanks for your help
folks):

1) Can I get a task to run out of Standby without a password assigned to
the account and to the task?

2) Is there an explanation for the music beeping problem?

3) Is it possible to remove my 2nd admin account, reclaim ownership of my
PC's files under Safe Mode (without risk of losing them) ?

thanks for your help and suggestions,

--
Mike M
---

"We must become the change we want to see."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

"There are no great things, only small things with great love."
Mother Theresa

I looked in my scheduled tasks log and found out specifically what happened
when the task failed to run:

"Task Scheduler Service"
Started at 7/15/2005 2:18:05 AM
"alarm_clock1.job" (alarm_clock1.wpl) 7/15/2005 2:40:09 AM ** ERROR **
The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,
therefore, the task did not run.
The specific error is:
0x8007052e: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again.

I can tell you for certain, the user name was valid, I checked it in the
task properties. This was an attempt to run the task with my account having
no password assigned to it, so I would imagine it can't have a bad password.

This is the dilemma