Closed

I can not send email can anyone help me.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I can not send email from outlook
or my incrediMail . I can recieve mail only.
The messege I get when trying to send my mail is:
The outgoing mail server 'smtp.netzero.com does not respond, please try
again late.
Under details:
Connection to server has failed.
I have even reformat my computer. I don't know what else to do.
3 answers Last reply
More about send email

    Roxie wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I can not send email from
    > outlook or my incrediMail . I can recieve mail only.
    > The messege I get when trying to send my mail is:
    > The outgoing mail server 'smtp.netzero.com does not respond, please
    > try again late.
    > Under details:
    > Connection to server has failed.
    > I have even reformat my computer. I don't know what else to do.

    Reformatting for this problem is way overkill. You have the smtp
    settings wrong. Often this problem will be caused by the authentication
    setting on outgoing mail; i.e., your ISP requires it or doesn't and you
    have the opposite entered. Looking quickly at the page below, it
    appears that NetZero does need smtp to be authenticated, but I would
    check with them.

    http://www.netzero.net/support/email/email-setup.html

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    thank you,
    I checked with them and they told me it was set up right and that I must
    have my firewall up.

    Roxie wrote:

    > thank you,
    > I checked with them and they told me it was set up right and that I
    > must have my firewall up.
    >
    > "Malke" wrote:
    >
    >> Roxie wrote:
    >>
    >> > Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I can not send email from
    >> > outlook or my incrediMail . I can recieve mail only.
    >> > The messege I get when trying to send my mail is:
    >> > The outgoing mail server 'smtp.netzero.com does not respond, please
    >> > try again late.
    >> > Under details:
    >> > Connection to server has failed.
    >> > I have even reformat my computer. I don't know what else to do.

    Unless NetZero is using some weird proxy server (and the clients I have
    who use NetZero aren't, so I don't think this is it), you don't need to
    open any ports in your firewall to send email. Perhaps you are blocking
    Incredimail, though? What firewall are you using? What antivirus
    program do you have?

    I would instead look at whether your computer is 100% malware-free. I
    know lots of people love Incredimail, but it is full of ads and there
    is a high likelihood that you've picked up some crud.

    I would do a few things:

    1. Just use NetZero's webmail for now. Forget about Incredimail. Can you
    send your email using NetZero's smtp server? If so, you know something
    is wrong on your machine.

    2. Go through these general malware removal steps if you haven't done
    anything like this recently:

    3. Try turning off any av scanning of your outgoing email from within
    your antivirus program.

    4. Or have a computer professional come and look at your setup. Someone
    onsite is going to be able to troubleshoot the issues far better than
    people just reading about them in a newsgroup.

    All troubleshooting should be done systematically, making one change at
    a time and testing after each change.

    Good luck,

    Malke
    --