Admin Cant Edit Registry

I have a Windows XP Pro, SP2 customer. We are attempting to modify the

--
Johnny Hawk
Ctrl-alt-Doh!

Not sure if these are relevant to your situation?

http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts_desc/regtools.htm
You can download a script here for the Registry
See also: www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Windows XP Security Console
or
Line 275: Lift Restrictions – Task Manager, Regedit and CMD

Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm
Error message "Tweak UI has been disabled by your administrator" while launching
TweakUI