ATI AIW RADEON 8500DV

I have an ATI All-in Wonder Radeon 8500DV. When I first installed it it had
major conflicts with other
video editing software on my system.......ULEAD. Sonic My DVD. I decided at
that time that I would not install
the ATI software as I could use the fire wire port to get video from my
video recorder to my other DVD software.
My system crashed so I decided that after all this time there are probably
new drivers that correct this conflict.

I also want to see how well the TV Video capture works. I want to see if the
TV recording woks as advertised

Now I cannot find my installation disk and the ATI web site is not very
clear as to which version I need.
e MMC that came with the card is MMC 7.7.0.1 and the ATI catalysts is 3.2.

The installation instructions are onerous to say the least. Every other line
refers to some potential error message and a work around.

Will the installation disk do the install in the correct
sequence?.....provided that I can get a copy .
Thanks
Dick

Dick LeCompte wrote:

> I have an ATI All-in Wonder Radeon 8500DV. When I first installed it it had
> major conflicts with other
> video editing software on my system.......ULEAD. Sonic My DVD. I decided at
> that time that I would not install
> the ATI software as I could use the fire wire port to get video from my
> video recorder to my other DVD software.
> My system crashed so I decided that after all this time there are probably
> new drivers that correct this conflict.
>
> I also want to see how well the TV Video capture works. I want to see if the
> TV recording woks as advertised
>
> Now I cannot find my installation disk and the ATI web site is not very
> clear as to which version I need.
> e MMC that came with the card is MMC 7.7.0.1 and the ATI catalysts is 3.2.
>
> The installation instructions are onerous to say the least. Every other line
> refers to some potential error message and a work around.
>
> Will the installation disk do the install in the correct
> sequence?.....provided that I can get a copy .
> Thanks
> Dick

In a perfect world yes.