MS Antispyware

My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has never
found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4 months.
However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find 10-11 spyware.
Maybe I've set it up wrong?
4 answers Last reply
More about antispyware

    MS Antispyware doesn't care about tracking cookies while Adaware and Spybot
    do. I get the same thing

    "Joannie" wrote:

    > My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has never
    > found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4 months.
    > However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find 10-11 spyware.
    > Maybe I've set it up wrong?

    Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    In news:68C965FB-1EB4-46CA-9CCA-104F84882007@microsoft.com,
    Joannie <Joannie@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has
    > never found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4
    > months. However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find
    > 10-11 spyware. Maybe I've set it up wrong?

    What is Spybot finding? Probably things like cookies? MSAS doesn't delete
    those.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

    Joannie wrote:

    > My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has never
    > found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4 months.
    > However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find 10-11 spyware.
    > Maybe I've set it up wrong?

    As another poster mentioned, spybot will warn about tracking cookies.

    Also, if you are not using the latest version of spybot, it will find
    the DSO Exploit, even though your PC is not vulnerable to it if WinXP is
    fully patched.

    posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
    of this message.

Security Microsoft Spyware Windows XP