MS Antispyware

a b 8 Security
July 15, 2005 4:31:02 PM

My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has never
found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4 months.
However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find 10-11 spyware.
Maybe I've set it up wrong?

More about : antispyware

July 15, 2005 6:43:05 PM

MS Antispyware doesn't care about tracking cookies while Adaware and Spybot
do. I get the same thing

"Joannie" wrote:

> My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has never
> found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4 months.
> However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find 10-11 spyware.
> Maybe I've set it up wrong?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 15, 2005 6:53:52 PM

Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Joannie" wrote:

| My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has never
| found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4 months.
| However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find 10-11 spyware.
| Maybe I've set it up wrong?
Related resources
July 15, 2005 9:45:48 PM

In news:68C965FB-1EB4-46CA-9CCA-104F84882007@microsoft.com,
Joannie <Joannie@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has
> never found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4
> months. However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find
> 10-11 spyware. Maybe I've set it up wrong?

What is Spybot finding? Probably things like cookies? MSAS doesn't delete
those.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
July 18, 2005 2:26:36 PM

Joannie wrote:

> My MS Antispyware (Beta) runs automatically every single day, and has never
> found any spyware. I've been using it with Win XP for about 4 months.
> However, if I run Spybot immediately afterwards, it will find 10-11 spyware.
> Maybe I've set it up wrong?

As another poster mentioned, spybot will warn about tracking cookies.

Also, if you are not using the latest version of spybot, it will find
the DSO Exploit, even though your PC is not vulnerable to it if WinXP is
fully patched.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.
!