Rename disable for administrator

a b 8 Security
July 17, 2005 12:35:01 PM

Can any body tell me..the setting of Win XP (with SP2) so a user having
administrative privilege could not be rename or change the password of
another user having administrative previlege...thanks in advance..

--
saddamPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
July 17, 2005 12:35:02 PM

saddam wrote:

> Can any body tell me..the setting of Win XP (with SP2) so a user
> having administrative privilege could not be rename or change the
> password of another user having administrative previlege...thanks in
> advance..

I'm sorry, but any administrator account can do this. Make your users
regular or power users instead and have only one trusted administrator.
If you want more help, post back with the details of your setup and
your security goals. Make sure to include information about all
operating systems, versions (XP Home/Pro), service pack levels, and
whether you are on a domain or workgroup.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

saddam wrote:
> Can any body tell me..the setting of Win XP (with SP2) so a user having
> administrative privilege could not be rename or change the password of
> another user having administrative previlege...thanks in advance..

No such thing. All administrators are created equal. If you don't
want someone "adjusting" other user accounts, do not give this
individual administrative privileges.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: