Rename disable for administrator

Can any body tell me..the setting of Win XP (with SP2) so a user having
administrative privilege could not be rename or change the password of
another user having administrative previlege...thanks in advance..

--
saddamPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
2 answers Last reply

    saddam wrote:

    > Can any body tell me..the setting of Win XP (with SP2) so a user
    > having administrative privilege could not be rename or change the
    > password of another user having administrative previlege...thanks in
    > advance..

    I'm sorry, but any administrator account can do this. Make your users
    regular or power users instead and have only one trusted administrator.
    If you want more help, post back with the details of your setup and
    your security goals. Make sure to include information about all
    operating systems, versions (XP Home/Pro), service pack levels, and
    whether you are on a domain or workgroup.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    saddam wrote:
    > Can any body tell me..the setting of Win XP (with SP2) so a user having
    > administrative privilege could not be rename or change the password of
    > another user having administrative previlege...thanks in advance..

    No such thing. All administrators are created equal. If you don't
    want someone "adjusting" other user accounts, do not give this
    individual administrative privileges.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: