Some programs do not run unless run as is used

I am running Windows XP Home SP2 with all the latest service packs I can only
run some programs by right clicking and 'run as' using the account I am
already logged on as the Administrator account doesn't appear in the drop
down. The account I use is in the Administrators group. I have tried creating
a new account but it has the same problem. Help and Support doesn't run from
the start menu I can only start it by doing a 'run as' from the location of
the program also the 'link' from the event viewer does nothing. This problem
doesn't occur when running in Safe mode, I have tried changing the owner of
all files and folders on drive C: to Administrators and given full access to
my account but still no good. Any ideas.

When I 'run as' PSP with current username the program says that it cannot
access files under my name or anywhere else on the drive I have changed the
security permissions including ownership on the drive and the documents a
dozen times giving me and Administrators and System full access but this has
no affect, this is also affecting Word and Excel where a file will not open
when double clicked, I have tried all the suggestions under those threads in
the Office newsgroups.

Is there anything that can be corrupted under the 'Security' settings in XP
pro that could be causing this.

The problem still happens even if I create a new Admin user and logon with it.

I have also posted this on another post with regards to Programs won't launch:

I still have the same problems with Help and support and Paint Shop Pro even
if I add them to the DEP list