Keep An Eye On...

In the wake of WoW being released combined with my site going belly-up
the AGHL WoW crowd have regrouped in:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL

I thought I'd bring this to your attention again for two reasons:

The first is we've lost Paul from AGHL WoW. Last we saw he was heading
for the nearest building and the last we heard was him shouting "No way
you'll catch me playing a game with bears in it!" swiftly followed by
the sound of a slammed door.

Secondly, the AGHL google groups is moderated and although not 'invite
only' you will have to be accepted. If you apply to join and your name
begins with di and ends with fool then you're just wasting your time...

I think that's a cue for several trolls in here to call me a fascist.
Fell free, I know the meaning of the word, you probably think it's
something out of a Bush phrase-book just after 'evil-doers'

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"You are a clever imitation of life... Can a robot
write a symphony? Can a robot take a blank canvas and
turn it into a masterpiece?"
"Can you?"
13 answers Last reply
More about keep

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:45:51 GMT, Strider
    <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

    >In the wake of WoW being released combined with my site going belly-up
    >the AGHL WoW crowd have regrouped in:
    >
    >http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL

    Well that explains why I couldn't connect today at lunch. What
    happened, did the host go under? I looked at the Google group and I
    must say, I hope you get the new site up soon. Your forums were much
    better. :-)

    Erik

    GeoTheCat proclaimed...

    > happened, did the host go under? I looked at the Google group and I
    > must say, I hope you get the new site up soon. Your forums were much
    > better. :-)

    Cheers for that Erik. Yeah, hope to have it back up soon.

    --

    Strider left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > In the wake of WoW being released combined with my site going belly-up
    > the AGHL WoW crowd have regrouped in:
    >
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL

    So is this a US only thing or are there some Euro players in there too?
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]

    Stoneskin wrote:

    >>In the wake of WoW being released combined with my site going belly-up
    >>the AGHL WoW crowd have regrouped in:
    >>
    >>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL
    >

    > So is this a US only thing or are there some Euro players in there too?

    so far, all euro players.. Just a quick Q from someone who hasn't
    bought the game yet.. are the US and Euro WoW servers joined together?
    I presume, for the sake of lower pings, that Blizzard kept them seperated.

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    All these modern celebrities are endorsing supermarket products now...
    I got a pack of sausages from Tesco the other day and there was this
    picture of Anthony Worral Thompson on the front. Below, it read 'prick
    with a fork'.

    Ben Cottrell left a note on my windscreen which said:

    > >>In the wake of WoW being released combined with my site going belly-up
    > >>the AGHL WoW crowd have regrouped in:
    > >>
    > >>http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AGHL
    > >

    > > So is this a US only thing or are there some Euro players in there too?
    >
    > so far, all euro players.. Just a quick Q from someone who hasn't
    > bought the game yet.. are the US and Euro WoW servers joined together?
    > I presume, for the sake of lower pings, that Blizzard kept them seperated.

    So all AGHL players are Euro only? What realm(s)?

    AFAIK the servers are seperated for the US and Europe.
    --
    Stoneskin

    [Insert sig text here]

    Stoneskin proclaimed...

    > So all AGHL players are Euro only? What realm(s)?

    At the moment, Stormrage only. I'm sure we'll have characters on other
    servers shortly.

    > AFAIK the servers are seperated for the US and Europe.

    Yes they are, unfortunately.

    --
    AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
    Homepage: stri.tk

    "I read about them in Time magazine"

    In article <37brphF5cjp69U1@individual.net>, Ben Cottrell
    <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

    > so far, all euro players.. Just a quick Q from someone who hasn't
    > bought the game yet.. are the US and Euro WoW servers joined together?
    > I presume, for the sake of lower pings, that Blizzard kept them seperated.

    Separate, Ben - not just for ping, but for timing as well I guess.

    Not bought it *yet*... I like the sound of that! Come on down......

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis

    Neil Jones wrote:
    > In article <37brphF5cjp69U1@individual.net>, Ben Cottrell
    > <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:
    >

    >>so far, all euro players.. Just a quick Q from someone who hasn't
    >>bought the game yet.. are the US and Euro WoW servers joined together?
    >> I presume, for the sake of lower pings, that Blizzard kept them seperated.
    >

    > Separate, Ben - not just for ping, but for timing as well I guess.

    I didn't think of that :) I guess it wouldn't have been much fun for
    all the new Euros to be in servers already full of seasoned US players
    on the game's day of release.. Incidentally, how much catching up do i
    have to do to keep in line with the AGHL party?

    > Not bought it *yet*... I like the sound of that! Come on down......

    it's in the post! hopefully arriving tommorow or tuesday :)

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    All these modern celebrities are endorsing supermarket products now...
    I got a pack of sausages from Tesco the other day and there was this
    picture of Anthony Worral Thompson on the front. Below, it read 'prick
    with a fork'.

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:55:21 +0000, Ben Cottrell
    <bench@bench333.screaming.net> wrote:

    >I didn't think of that :) I guess it wouldn't have been much fun for
    >all the new Euros to be in servers already full of seasoned US players
    >on the game's day of release.. Incidentally, how much catching up do i
    >have to do to keep in line with the AGHL party?
    >
    >> Not bought it *yet*... I like the sound of that! Come on down......
    >
    >it's in the post! hopefully arriving tommorow or tuesday :)

    Any idea if they will ever allow the US players on UK servers and vice
    versa? I've been reading the posts on Stri's and Anders sites and it
    looks like quite the good time. :-)

    Erik

    In article <37sfv2F5gitsvU1@individual.net>, lyset
    <peter_lysen40@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > As it looks right know I'll probably will be to far behind due to
    > IRL issues like vacation up north etc. before I can get my hands on the
    > game.

    Hell no! It's fairly easy to level quickly to 7th or 8th in a couple of
    nights playing, and a few more should see you up level with us (ranging
    from 10 - 13). Since the aghl-wow group are only going to bash weekly,
    those characters will be within your reach, I'd have thought... just
    get a character up to level 11 and join up!

    We've all got other characters going as well - Horde and Alliance - so
    there's always someone around to meet up with casually as well.

    ___
    Neil
    AKA HighVis

    Stay away from the voodoo...

    "Neil Jones" <neil@designumbrella.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <37sfv2F5gitsvU1@individual.net>, lyset
    > <peter_lysen40@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > As it looks right know I'll probably will be to far behind due to
    > > IRL issues like vacation up north etc. before I can get my hands on the
    > > game.
    >

    > Hell no! It's fairly easy to level quickly to 7th or 8th in a couple of
    > nights playing, and a few more should see you up level with us (ranging
    > from 10 - 13). Since the aghl-wow group are only going to bash weekly,
    > those characters will be within your reach, I'd have thought... just
    > get a character up to level 11 and join up!
    >
    > We've all got other characters going as well - Horde and Alliance - so
    > there's always someone around to meet up with casually as well.

    I'll probably do that then... : )
    Now I just got to find a store that have the game.
    I guess they will restock during this week.
    I'm a complete n00b to this kind of games though so I hope
    I don't mess up too much. Does it matter what character or skills I choose?
    If there is a shortage or certain need for something specific I can play
    that
    for the AGHL bash part and choose something else for the others.

    ; )

    lyset

    lyset proclaimed...

    > Oh there are actually handgrenades in Wow?
    > I might have a look for you then......
    >
    > ; )

    There are bombs. Which is why my identity will remain a closely guarded
    secret!

    --

    "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> skrev i meddelandet
    > lyset proclaimed...
    >
    > > Oh there are actually handgrenades in Wow?
    > > I might have a look for you then......
    > >
    > > ; )
    >
    > There are bombs. Which is why my identity will remain a closely guarded
    > secret!

    Ah I only do as usual, a random throw it is just bound to home in on you...

    ; )

    lyset

World Of Warcraft Games Video Games