Audio Turns to Static after 10 seconds when encoding with ..

I have a AIW 128 pro card and am using MMC 7.6 (tried to use a newer version
of MMC, but, anthing above this and the computer freezes)

I have no problem with the video

But, 10 seconds into any video I capture with this card the audio turns to
100% static.

Volume control shows that a signal is getting into the computer via my
sound's card line-in port.

Changing the position of the line-in slider has no effect.

I never had this trouble in the past.

So, what in the heck is coing on?

"Zentraleinheit" <Zentraleinheit@Cop{REMOVE}per.net> wrote in message
> I have a AIW 128 pro card and am using MMC 7.6 (tried to use a newer
version
> of MMC, but, anthing above this and the computer freezes)
>
> I have no problem with the video
>
> But, 10 seconds into any video I capture with this card the audio turns to
> 100% static.
>
> Volume control shows that a signal is getting into the computer via my
> sound's card line-in port.
>
> Changing the position of the line-in slider has no effect.
>
> I never had this trouble in the past.
>
> So, what in the heck is coing on?

Does it just do it during capture? What about when just watching or PVR?
Does adjusting the recording or Wave level have any affect? If it only does
it during capture does it do it using more than one codec(avi,mpg,mpg2)?
What changed before it quit working correctly?
What sound card?
What display and capture drivers are you using? Did you use the
CatUninstaller.exe before going back to MMC7.6?