Cant edit Administrative tools lists

a b 8 Security
July 18, 2005 4:51:06 PM

I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 19, 2005 2:22:18 AM

To add Administrative Tools to the Start menu

Classic Start Menu...

Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
Customize button | Select Display Administrative Tools |
OK | Apply | OK

XP Start Menu...
Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
Customize button | Advanced tab | Under System Administrative
Tools | Select Display on the All Programs menu and Start Menu |
OK | Apply | OK

Administrative Tools folder is empty - Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admintools.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:4F7E5E26-4BE2-4DA5-BE95-8A9F6CB7C037@microsoft.com,
nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 19, 2005 10:51:10 AM

I have it in my start menu but I cant go into the properties of any of the
items on the list of Administative Tools

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> To add Administrative Tools to the Start menu
>
> Classic Start Menu...
>
> Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
> Customize button | Select Display Administrative Tools |
> OK | Apply | OK
>
> XP Start Menu...
> Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
> Customize button | Advanced tab | Under System Administrative
> Tools | Select Display on the All Programs menu and Start Menu |
> OK | Apply | OK
>

> Administrative Tools folder is empty - Windows XP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admintools.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:4F7E5E26-4BE2-4DA5-BE95-8A9F6CB7C037@microsoft.com,
> nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists

a b 8 Security
July 19, 2005 1:06:35 PM

If your right click menu is missing...

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

Classic Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button |
Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
OK | OK

[[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D A7E7476-8624-4BA1-A47C-99B816DEE4BE@microsoft.com,
nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have it in my start menu but I cant go into the properties of any of the
> items on the list of Administative Tools
>
> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> To add Administrative Tools to the Start menu
>>
>> Classic Start Menu...
>>
>> Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
>> Customize button | Select Display Administrative Tools |
>> OK | Apply | OK
>>
>> XP Start Menu...
>> Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
>> Customize button | Advanced tab | Under System Administrative
>> Tools | Select Display on the All Programs menu and Start Menu |
>> OK | Apply | OK
>>

>> Administrative Tools folder is empty - Windows XP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admintools.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:4F7E5E26-4BE2-4DA5-BE95-8A9F6CB7C037@microsoft.com,
>> nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 19, 2005 1:06:36 PM

the right click menu is there but when I go into the Local security policy I
cant go into properties of any of the items. Same thing in all the other
Admin tools lists.

!