Cant edit Administrative tools lists

I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists
4 answers Last reply
More about cant edit administrative tools lists

    To add Administrative Tools to the Start menu

    Classic Start Menu...

    Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
    Customize button | Select Display Administrative Tools |
    OK | Apply | OK

    XP Start Menu...
    Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
    Customize button | Advanced tab | Under System Administrative
    Tools | Select Display on the All Programs menu and Start Menu |
    OK | Apply | OK

    Administrative Tools folder is empty - Windows XP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admintools.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:4F7E5E26-4BE2-4DA5-BE95-8A9F6CB7C037@microsoft.com,
    nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists

    I have it in my start menu but I cant go into the properties of any of the
    items on the list of Administative Tools

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > To add Administrative Tools to the Start menu
    >
    > Classic Start Menu...
    >
    > Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
    > Customize button | Select Display Administrative Tools |
    > OK | Apply | OK
    >
    > XP Start Menu...
    > Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
    > Customize button | Advanced tab | Under System Administrative
    > Tools | Select Display on the All Programs menu and Start Menu |
    > OK | Apply | OK
    >

    > Administrative Tools folder is empty - Windows XP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admintools.htm
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:4F7E5E26-4BE2-4DA5-BE95-8A9F6CB7C037@microsoft.com,
    > nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists

    If your right click menu is missing...

    XP Start Menu >>
    Right click the Start button | Properties |
    Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
    Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
    OK | OK

    Classic Start Menu >>
    Right click the Start button | Properties |
    Start Menu tab | Customize button |
    Scroll down to and Check: ? Enable dragging and dropping |
    OK | OK

    [[Specifies whether you can drag items to the Start
    menu.]] Also disables the right click menu if UNChecked.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:DA7E7476-8624-4BA1-A47C-99B816DEE4BE@microsoft.com,
    nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have it in my start menu but I cant go into the properties of any of the
    > items on the list of Administative Tools
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> To add Administrative Tools to the Start menu
    >>
    >> Classic Start Menu...
    >>
    >> Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
    >> Customize button | Select Display Administrative Tools |
    >> OK | Apply | OK
    >>
    >> XP Start Menu...
    >> Right click the Start button | Properties | Start Menu tab |
    >> Customize button | Advanced tab | Under System Administrative
    >> Tools | Select Display on the All Programs menu and Start Menu |
    >> OK | Apply | OK
    >>

    >> Administrative Tools folder is empty - Windows XP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/admintools.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:4F7E5E26-4BE2-4DA5-BE95-8A9F6CB7C037@microsoft.com,
    >> nova12gauge <nova12gauge@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> I cant go into item properties on any of the administrative tools lists

    the right click menu is there but when I go into the Local security policy I
    cant go into properties of any of the items. Same thing in all the other
    Admin tools lists.

Security Microsoft Windows XP