Hi,

I've got a very stubborn and annoying, virus-like w/2 extensions (.exe.tmp)
adware that from time to time keeps popping up in my System tray, asking for
access to network through the ZANU.EXE, called Search Assistant.
Conventionally CANNOT be deleted because it denies the access to it, like it
were wright protected.
It has a so-called zanuhook.dll (a Browser Integrator Module) to it

Anybody had an idea/suggestion how to remove it, without causing damage to
my system (XP pro w/SP2)

Thanks
SJB

Malke

SJB wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a very stubborn and annoying, virus-like w/2 extensions
> (.exe.tmp) adware that from time to time keeps popping up in my System
> tray, asking for access to network through the ZANU.EXE, called Search
> Assistant. Conventionally CANNOT be deleted because it denies the
> access to it, like it were wright protected.
> It has a so-called zanuhook.dll (a Browser Integrator Module) to it
>
> Anybody had an idea/suggestion how to remove it, without causing
> damage to my system (XP pro w/SP2)

What have you already done? Go through these general malware removal
steps, doing everything with updated tools in Safe Mode:

You will probably need to run HijackThis. There are links to tutorials
and forums where you should post your log (not here, please) at the
website link above.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers