MS Baseline Security Analyzer ver 2.0 installation problems

I have MSBSA ver 1.2.1 installed and am trying to install ver 2.0 on an XPro
laptop. Ver 2.0 is supposed to run on XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsa2/qa.mspx#EEAAA
But when I try to install on XP Pro client workstations, I get a error
telling me:
"Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer Setup has detected another
installation on this folder and cannot continue. Please choose another folder
to continue."
I have tried to create a new folder, install on another drive, install
online, install from a downloaded .msi... same result. I have uninstalled
MSBSA ver 1.2.1, restarted re-downloaded, tried to install from
microsoft.com, ... same result
Any ideas??
1 answer Last reply
More about baseline security analyzer installation problems

    Problem resolved. See:Community Newsgroups>English>Security>Security
    MBSA>Failure to Install ...

    "JamCo" wrote:

    > I have MSBSA ver 1.2.1 installed and am trying to install ver 2.0 on an XPro
    > laptop. Ver 2.0 is supposed to run on XP:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsa2/qa.mspx#EEAAA
    > But when I try to install on XP Pro client workstations, I get a error
    > telling me:
    > "Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer Setup has detected another
    > installation on this folder and cannot continue. Please choose another folder
    > to continue."
    > I have tried to create a new folder, install on another drive, install
    > online, install from a downloaded .msi... same result. I have uninstalled
    > MSBSA ver 1.2.1, restarted re-downloaded, tried to install from
    > microsoft.com, ... same result
    > Any ideas??

Security Microsoft Windows XP