Anyone have problems running Flowerz screensaver?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
is too old.

Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/

Thanks.

No problems here. My open gl is 1.5.3

oldwolf

"Rick" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
is too old.

Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/

Thanks.

Just realised that it is from Nvidia World, so that maybe something.
Im running a GF6600(non gt), on GA7vt600 mobo, with XP2400 @ 2600, with
768mb Ram.
Dont know if this has anything to do with it.

Rick wrote:
> This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
> a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
> shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
> but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
> is too old.
>
> Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
> error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
> http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/
>
> Thanks.

I am running a 9700 Pro and have no problems running the screen saver.
I am running the 4.11 or 4.12 drivers.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Michael W. Ryder" <_mwryder@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:XOMie.786011$w62.599122@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Rick wrote:
> > This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
> > a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
> > shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
> > but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
> > is too old.
> >
> > Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
> > error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
> > http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I am running a 9700 Pro and have no problems running the screen saver.
> I am running the 4.11 or 4.12 drivers.

Thanks. What OS are you using?

Rick wrote:
> "Michael W. Ryder" <_mwryder@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:XOMie.786011$w62.599122@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
>>Rick wrote:
>>
>>>This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
>>>a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
>>>shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
>>>but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
>>>is too old.
>>>
>>>Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
>>>error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
>>>http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>>I am running a 9700 Pro and have no problems running the screen saver.
>>I am running the 4.11 or 4.12 drivers.
>

> Thanks. What OS are you using?

Windows XP Pro SP2.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Michael W. Ryder" <_mwryder@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:6cNie.226698$cg1.192052@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Rick wrote:
> > "Michael W. Ryder" <_mwryder@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> >>I am running a 9700 Pro and have no problems running the screen saver.
> >>I am running the 4.11 or 4.12 drivers.
> >

> > Thanks. What OS are you using?
> >

> Windows XP Pro SP2.

I'm running Win2K SP4. I wonder if that's the problem?

Ian

Rick wrote:
> This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
> a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
> shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
> but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
> is too old.
>
> Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
> error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
> http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/
>
> Thanks.

No trouble on my 9600 PRO, under Win XP SP1, however I am running catalyst
5.2.

"Rick" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
> a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
> shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
> but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
> is too old.
>
> Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
> error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
> http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/
>
> Thanks.

No go here on XP SP2 with Catalyst 5.3, which reports OpenGL Version
6.14.10.4955. In Sandra, under Renderer Information, it shows Version
2.0.4955. I can't see anything else anywhere else. Where should I see it?

Allan

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Allan Anderson" <aganderson@remove-this.ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Rick" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
> > a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
> > shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
> > but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
> > is too old.
> >
> > Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
> > error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
> > http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> No go here on XP SP2 with Catalyst 5.3, which reports OpenGL Version
> 6.14.10.4955. In Sandra, under Renderer Information, it shows Version
> 2.0.4955. I can't see anything else anywhere else. Where should I see it?

Sandra's version number is your OpenGL version (2.0).

I heard from the author, and he says there's a bug in his
screensaver that prevents it from running if it detects
OpenGL 2.0 or higher. That would account for your
not being able to run it, but it doesn't account for my
problem.

Thanks for the info.

Ian

Rick wrote:
> "Allan Anderson" <aganderson@remove-this.ukonline.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:428d118b$0$39093$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
>>
>> "Rick" <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>> This screensaver requires OpenGL 1.4.xxx or 1.5.xxx, and I have
>>> a Radeon 9700 Pro with Catalyst 4.12 WHQL installed. Sandra
>>> shows my OpenGL version as 1.5.4776, which should be fine,
>>> but when I try to run it I get an error saying my OpenGL version
>>> is too old.
>>>
>>> Could someone else try it and post back whether you get the same
>>> error? Flowerz is linked to from here:
>>> http://www.opengl.org/applications/windows/utilities/
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> No go here on XP SP2 with Catalyst 5.3, which reports OpenGL Version
>> 6.14.10.4955. In Sandra, under Renderer Information, it shows
>> Version
>> 2.0.4955. I can't see anything else anywhere else. Where should I
>> see it?
>
> Sandra's version number is your OpenGL version (2.0).
>
> I heard from the author, and he says there's a bug in his
> screensaver that prevents it from running if it detects
> OpenGL 2.0 or higher. That would account for your
> not being able to run it, but it doesn't account for my
> problem.
>
> Thanks for the info.

Rick,

Have you had any other video card installed previously? I wondered if there
was some residue from another driver. Bit of a long shot. I appreciate the
reasons for running the WHQL driver, but it's a bit long in the tooth. I
know it *should* work with the opengl version it carries, but have you
considered upgrading to a newer driver (5.1 release for example?)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0520-4, 20/05/2005
Tested on: 20/05/2005 17:29:57