Service Pack2 installed folders will no longer open

JB

Hi, I installed Service Pack2 and now I can not open any folders on my
desktop. I also can not open "My Computer". I can run programs and open
files thru them but not directly. Any idea of what caused or how to fix this?

tks, JB

In news:DEFB29E7-2745-4E31-8A01-56E8981FA613@microsoft.com,
JB <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi, I installed Service Pack2 and now I can not open any folders on my
> desktop. I also can not open "My Computer". I can run programs and
> open files thru them but not directly. Any idea of what caused or
> how to fix this?
>
> tks, JB

No idea - but a) did you look in your event logs for errors? b) can you work
fine in safe mode? c) can you work fine as another user account? d) did you
disable your antivirus when installing SP2?