Dual display adapter

I decided to plug in a second monitor into my Radeon 9600 using the
digital plug(with the for wholes in shape of squire) at the back of
the card. I have a little adapter that sends the digital plug into an
analog plug. will this do any damage to my board because im using an
adapter to turn digital plug into analog?

thanks

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Dual-display-adapter-ftopict56264.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=282733

What i think your asking is the dvi to vga adapter?

No it will not hurt a thing. i have been runing a 9700pro like that for 2
years or so now.

the txt may look a littel blury on the 2nd monitor i think thats more to do
with the 2nd dac than the dvi to vga thing.

"basssquirrel" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>I decided to plug in a second monitor into my Radeon 9600 using the
> digital plug(with the for wholes in shape of squire) at the back of
> the card. I have a little adapter that sends the digital plug into an
> analog plug. will this do any damage to my board because im using an
> adapter to turn digital plug into analog?
>
> thanks

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Dual-display-adapter-ftopict56264.html
> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=282733

"basssquirrel" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> I decided to plug in a second monitor into my Radeon 9600 using the
> digital plug(with the for wholes in shape of squire) at the back of
> the card. I have a little adapter that sends the digital plug into an
> analog plug. will this do any damage to my board because im using an
> adapter to turn digital plug into analog?
>
> thanks
>
> --
AFAIK the only digital output on my AIW9600XT is the digital audio. I think
your describing the black 4 pin S-Video connector. It's analog. If your
using the adapter to get composite, you can get that from the yellow RCA
phono jack.

geoff

"basssquirrel" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in
message
> I decided to plug in a second monitor into my Radeon 9600
> using the digital plug(with the for wholes in shape of
> squire) at the back of the card. I have a little adapter
> that sends the digital plug into an analog plug. will
> this do any damage to my board because im using an
> adapter to turn digital plug into analog?
>
> thanks

if you mean like this
http://www.evga.com/articles/images/179a.gif

no problem

your going duals so i might as well give you a link your gona want.
http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

read the forums most ? you have are answered