x800xl or x800xt pe?

The benchmarks are close, but I want to know if there's enough difference to
justify the difference i'd be paying? x800xls go for £200, but I just found
an x800xt pe for £270.

Would like to turn up the quality in EQ2 and HL2 over my current
(dead/dying) 6600GT.

Martin
(ath64 3000+ @ 2304, 1024Mb, BFG 6600GT, 120+40Gb)
4 answers Last reply
More about x800xl x800xt

    Is the 6800 GT in the mix too? ... or has your 6600 GT got you pissed off at
    Nvidia? Any idea on how or why your 6600GT died?

    I'd go for the X800XL myself.

    Personally, I can't decide right now if I want to go SLI and getting one
    6800 GT now and another when the new video cards come out .... OR

    Get a NF4 Ultra D MB and go with the X800XL. Unless you are a zealot for
    speed benchmarks the x800XL should do it for you, I haven't read that any
    game has brought the X800XL to it's knees ... it is a very respectable card
    and can be OC'ed to near XT speeds.

    "Martin Francis" <mcsalty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The benchmarks are close, but I want to know if there's enough difference
    > to justify the difference i'd be paying? x800xls go for £200, but I just
    > found an x800xt pe for £270.
    >
    > Would like to turn up the quality in EQ2 and HL2 over my current
    > (dead/dying) 6600GT.
    >
    > Martin
    > (ath64 3000+ @ 2304, 1024Mb, BFG 6600GT, 120+40Gb)

    "Martin Francis" <mcsalty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The benchmarks are close, but I want to know if there's enough difference
    > to justify the difference i'd be paying? x800xls go for £200, but I just
    > found an x800xt pe for £270.
    >
    > Would like to turn up the quality in EQ2 and HL2 over my current
    > (dead/dying) 6600GT.
    >
    > Martin
    > (ath64 3000+ @ 2304, 1024Mb, BFG 6600GT, 120+40Gb)

    I got X800XT for similar price to X800XL, paid £217 from overclockers.co.uk
    for PCI-e version. Default clocks are 500/500. Keeps me happy.

    Tony

    You would like to turn up the quality in Half life 2? I find my Geforce
    6600GT plays it fine and smooth at 1280x1024 maximum graphical settings with
    antialiasing and anistrohhic filtering!

    Dan

    After doing a bit of research it seems the XL has the most bang for the
    buck. Bought one last weekend.

    --
    Advanced Primate
    XP Pro 64 Bit O/S

    "Martin Francis" <mcsalty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The benchmarks are close, but I want to know if there's enough difference
    > to justify the difference i'd be paying? x800xls go for £200, but I just
    > found an x800xt pe for £270.
    >
    > Would like to turn up the quality in EQ2 and HL2 over my current
    > (dead/dying) 6600GT.
    >
    > Martin
    > (ath64 3000+ @ 2304, 1024Mb, BFG 6600GT, 120+40Gb)

Radeon ATI Graphics Product