x800xl or x800xt pe?

The benchmarks are close, but I want to know if there's enough difference to
justify the difference i'd be paying? x800xls go for £200, but I just found
an x800xt pe for £270.

Would like to turn up the quality in EQ2 and HL2 over my current
(dead/dying) 6600GT.

Martin
(ath64 3000+ @ 2304, 1024Mb, BFG 6600GT, 120+40Gb)

wookie

Is the 6800 GT in the mix too? ... or has your 6600 GT got you pissed off at
Nvidia? Any idea on how or why your 6600GT died?

I'd go for the X800XL myself.

Personally, I can't decide right now if I want to go SLI and getting one
6800 GT now and another when the new video cards come out .... OR

Get a NF4 Ultra D MB and go with the X800XL. Unless you are a zealot for
speed benchmarks the x800XL should do it for you, I haven't read that any
game has brought the X800XL to it's knees ... it is a very respectable card
and can be OC'ed to near XT speeds.

"Martin Francis" <mcsalty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The benchmarks are close, but I want to know if there's enough difference
> to justify the difference i'd be paying? x800xls go for £200, but I just
> found an x800xt pe for £270.
>
> Would like to turn up the quality in EQ2 and HL2 over my current
> (dead/dying) 6600GT.
>
> Martin
> (ath64 3000+ @ 2304, 1024Mb, BFG 6600GT, 120+40Gb)

tonyc

"Martin Francis" <mcsalty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The benchmarks are close, but I want to know if there's enough difference
> to justify the difference i'd be paying? x800xls go for £200, but I just
> found an x800xt pe for £270.
>
> Would like to turn up the quality in EQ2 and HL2 over my current
> (dead/dying) 6600GT.
>
> Martin
> (ath64 3000+ @ 2304, 1024Mb, BFG 6600GT, 120+40Gb)

I got X800XT for similar price to X800XL, paid £217 from overclockers.co.uk
for PCI-e version. Default clocks are 500/500. Keeps me happy.

Tony

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You would like to turn up the quality in Half life 2? I find my Geforce
6600GT plays it fine and smooth at 1280x1024 maximum graphical settings with
antialiasing and anistrohhic filtering!

Dan

After doing a bit of research it seems the XL has the most bang for the
buck. Bought one last weekend.

--
Advanced Primate
XP Pro 64 Bit O/S