Anybody know how long it takes to get an RMA number from ATI when
you request through their website?

Should be in your mailbox the next morning if approved.

On Sun, 22 May 2005 14:31:08 -0400, "glamart"
<glamartNS@NScomcast.net> wrote:

>Anybody know how long it takes to get an RMA number from ATI when
>you request through their website?

Thanks, I hate to talk to them - all I get on the phone is that
their boards don't go bad and 80% of returns are good. Will give
their website a try.
--

"glamart" <glamartNS@NScomcast.net> wrote in message
> Anybody know how long it takes to get an RMA number from ATI when you
> request through their website?

Last time I returned an Ati 9800 it was about a day.

--
Advanced Primate
XP Pro 64 Bit O/S

Thanks for the response - will give it a try.
--

> Thanks, I hate to talk to them - all I get on the phone is that their
> boards don't go bad and 80% of returns are good. Will give their website a
> try.

Just on the off chance that your board is one of the 80% that are returned
due to some other problem (predominatly software related) do you want to
outline the problem you've been experiencing in case it can be fixed without
an RMA required?

Although the RMA number should be forthcomming within a working day or so,
it will likely take a week or 10 days or so (depending where you live) to
get the card replaced - all the while you're card-less. The last thing you'd
want is to plug in the new card and find the same old problem is still
there.

Paul

"Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "glamart" <glamartNS@NScomcast.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks, I hate to talk to them - all I get on the phone is that
>> their boards don't go bad and 80% of returns are good. Will give
>> their website a try.
>
> Just on the off chance that your board is one of the 80% that are
> returned due to some other problem (predominatly software related)
> do you want to outline the problem you've been experiencing in
> case it can be fixed without an RMA required?
>
> Although the RMA number should be forthcomming within a working
> day or so, it will likely take a week or 10 days or so (depending
> where you live) to get the card replaced - all the while you're
> card-less. The last thing you'd want is to plug in the new card
> and find the same old problem is still there.
>
> Paul

Actually I received the RMA in one business day and returned the
card. I had tried another monitor and 2 different video cards that
worked fine so I am assuming that the 9600XT had a problem. Thanks
for the reply!