Command Line Util for Assigning Folder Rights

How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP Pro?

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about command line util assigning folder rights

    To share a folder or drive
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/file_srv_create_share.mspx

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jim" wrote:

    | How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP Pro?
    |
    | Thanks.

    Microsoft Windows XP - Cacls:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/cacls.mspx

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP
    > Pro?
    >
    > Thanks.

    That you for the information about cacls. How would I assign group
    permissions to a folder using the command line. Thanks

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Microsoft Windows XP - Cacls:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/cacls.mspx
    >

    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP
    > > Pro?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Jim,

    Look at the examples here - for group permissions

    Cacls - Modify Access Control List:
    http://www.ss64.com/nt/cacls.html

    --

    > That you for the information about cacls. How would I assign group
    > permissions to a folder using the command line. Thanks
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Microsoft Windows XP - Cacls:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/cacls.mspx
    >>

    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows
    >> > XP
    >> > Pro?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

Security Command Line Microsoft Windows XP