Command Line Util for Assigning Folder Rights

July 20, 2005 5:37:03 PM

How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP Pro?

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 20, 2005 7:55:17 PM

To share a folder or drive

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Jim" wrote:

| How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP Pro?
|
| Thanks.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 21, 2005 3:13:47 PM

Microsoft Windows XP - Cacls:

Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D E1A339A-C215-4D97-B9E6-79E0066DE46C@microsoft.com...
> How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP
> Pro?
>
> Thanks.
Related resources
July 27, 2005 11:31:12 AM

That you for the information about cacls. How would I assign group
permissions to a folder using the command line. Thanks

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Microsoft Windows XP - Cacls:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...
>

> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D E1A339A-C215-4D97-B9E6-79E0066DE46C@microsoft.com...
> > How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP
> > Pro?
> >
> > Thanks.

July 27, 2005 11:35:04 AM

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Microsoft Windows XP - Cacls:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...
>

> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D E1A339A-C215-4D97-B9E6-79E0066DE46C@microsoft.com...
> > How do I assign folder rights using a command line utility in Windows XP
> > Pro?
> >
> > Thanks.

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 29, 2005 7:32:17 PM

Jim,

Look at the examples here - for group permissions

Cacls - Modify Access Control List:
http://www.ss64.com/nt/cacls.html

--

!