  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 23, 2005 8:40:11 PM

Need an AIW card and am looking at X600 new or 9800 secondhand.

Any views as to which one will be very much appreciated. The main use
will be analogue video transfers and very little use for games.

More about : aiw x600 pro aiw9800se

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 9:31:45 PM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 16:40:11 GMT, wizzard <a@nospam.com> wrote:

>Need an AIW card and am looking at X600 new or 9800 secondhand.
>
>Any views as to which one will be very much appreciated. The main use
>will be analogue video transfers and very little use for games.

Hi,
you must choose on your motherboard caracteristics, as te X600 is a
PCI express and the 9800 is an AGP, so their slots will not fit in the
same motherboards. The PCI express is a newer standard, and you can
find it in the latest generation motherboards, the AGP is older, but
still supported on many MB.
Look at your MB manual.
Maurizio
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:21:10 AM

On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:31:45 GMT, OMaurizio <omaurizio@libero.it>
wrote:

>Hi,
>you must choose on your motherboard caracteristics, as te X600 is a
>PCI express and the 9800 is an AGP, so their slots will not fit in the
>same motherboards. The PCI express is a newer standard, and you can
>find it in the latest generation motherboards, the AGP is older, but
>still supported on many MB.
>Look at your MB manual.
>Maurizio

My motherboard is 2 years old - Abit NF7 Series V2. I have some PCI
slots - is there a new thing as PCI express slots please?
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 2:32:15 AM

wizzard wrote:

> My motherboard is 2 years old - Abit NF7 Series V2. I have some PCI
> slots - is there a new thing as PCI express slots please?

Two years old? Then your mobo will only hold the 9800 Pro as it's an AGP
card.

Although there's PCI in the name PCI Express, PCI Express cards won't work
in PCI slots. You'll need a new mobo in order to use a PCI Express
videocard.

=- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands
!