firewall NOT really there

i upgraded to SP@ in my windows XP, but i think something did not come
through since my FIREWALL can not be actually turn on or off since whenever i
go to the windows firewall folder in control panel, my choice of ON or OFF
are GREY areas and i cant click on them...do i have to download a separate
FIREWALL? where do i go for help?
1 answer Last reply
More about firewall there

    "raoul" <raoul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i upgraded to SP@ in my windows XP, but i think something did not come
    > through since my FIREWALL can not be actually turn on or off since
    > whenever i
    > go to the windows firewall folder in control panel, my choice of ON or OFF
    > are GREY areas and i cant click on them...do i have to download a separate
    > FIREWALL? where do i go for help?

    Windows Firewall does not stop everything coming and going. I have disabled
    mine and use a personal Firewall. You can download one here....
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp

Control Panel Security Windows XP Firewalls Microsoft