The Danger Of Talking Against STEAM. Am I Paranoid?

Daniel

So Far I wonder what consequence could happen to a poster if he or she
posted negative messages about STEAM on a public forum. Is it reasonable
to argue that talking negatively about STEAM could bring
one poster in lots of trouble?. (I don't mean users reporting and
killfile only.)

I urge anyone who feel negatively about STEAM to restraint their anger
and reaction and promote patience towards STEAM.

Wait and see is the best attitude right now.

I wonder if some members of this group realise about the implication of
venting their anger against STEAM. Is it wise?

I myself feel frustrated and vocal at times, but I realised that in this
time and age, it is better for me to just give in and give up.

Is STEAM stronger and more influential than anyone could imagine?
Fighting against STEAM is futile and can bring very negative consequence
to lone people who has no one or no resource to defend them should the
unexpected
consequence arrives.

They are on their own in this lonely fight, they are minority loners
fought
against a Capitalist Mighty Powerful Influential Giant that has every
resources (=Million of $) and connection to crush anyone foolish enough
to be caught in opposite direction of their unstoppable stride...

No matter how noble or righteous social cause You think you might have
in fighting STEAM, I urge you to re-think and exert patience.

Do you have enough money, resources, collective mental and expertise
pool
(which only lot of money can buy) and time to stage this fight should it
-God Forbid- backfire on you?

Freedom of Speech does not stand a chance against money and power.
....Am I right to think so?

Tin foil Hat.

DISCLAIMER: This is solely my personal individual opinion and
observation and does
not in anyway related to or reflection of any company or organisation.
My opinion could be totally wrong, influenced by my paranoiac state of
mind about things and life in general at this time and age. My opinion
should not be taken seriously by anyone and I am exempt myself from all
the responsiblity regarding voicing these opinions. I don't mean to
influence public opinion
on the matter posted herein, I just want to express my paranoiac mental
state and wish to have
reasonable and wise advices from members of the newsgroup regarding my
paranoia.
I would like to sincerely apologise to anyone my opinion could offend
and would like to state that my intention is not aimed to offend anyone.
Should my opinion is diametrically different from yours,
I sincerely advise that You ignore my post and simply consider that my
mind is deranged. I accept with gladness all the humiliation exerting
upon myself in as a consequence of this post.

BigJim

What do you think freedom of speech is all about.

"Daniel" <daniel@dontbother.com> wrote in message
> So Far I wonder what consequence could happen to a poster if he or she
> posted negative messages about STEAM on a public forum. Is it reasonable
> to argue that talking negatively about STEAM could bring
> one poster in lots of trouble?. (I don't mean users reporting and
> killfile only.)
>
> I urge anyone who feel negatively about STEAM to restraint their anger
> and reaction and promote patience towards STEAM.
>
> Wait and see is the best attitude right now.
>
> I wonder if some members of this group realise about the implication of
> venting their anger against STEAM. Is it wise?
>
> I myself feel frustrated and vocal at times, but I realised that in this
> time and age, it is better for me to just give in and give up.
>
> Is STEAM stronger and more influential than anyone could imagine?
> Fighting against STEAM is futile and can bring very negative consequence
> to lone people who has no one or no resource to defend them should the
> unexpected
> consequence arrives.
>
> They are on their own in this lonely fight, they are minority loners
> fought
> against a Capitalist Mighty Powerful Influential Giant that has every
> resources (=Million of $) and connection to crush anyone foolish enough
> to be caught in opposite direction of their unstoppable stride...
>
> No matter how noble or righteous social cause You think you might have
> in fighting STEAM, I urge you to re-think and exert patience.
>
> Do you have enough money, resources, collective mental and expertise
> pool
> (which only lot of money can buy) and time to stage this fight should it
> -God Forbid- backfire on you?
>
> Freedom of Speech does not stand a chance against money and power.
> ...Am I right to think so?
>
> Tin foil Hat.
>
> DISCLAIMER: This is solely my personal individual opinion and
> observation and does
> not in anyway related to or reflection of any company or organisation.
> My opinion could be totally wrong, influenced by my paranoiac state of
> mind about things and life in general at this time and age. My opinion
> should not be taken seriously by anyone and I am exempt myself from all
> the responsiblity regarding voicing these opinions. I don't mean to
> influence public opinion
> on the matter posted herein, I just want to express my paranoiac mental
> state and wish to have
> reasonable and wise advices from members of the newsgroup regarding my
> paranoia.
> I would like to sincerely apologise to anyone my opinion could offend
> and would like to state that my intention is not aimed to offend anyone.
> Should my opinion is diametrically different from yours,
> I sincerely advise that You ignore my post and simply consider that my
> mind is deranged. I accept with gladness all the humiliation exerting
> upon myself in as a consequence of this post.

Daniel wrote:
....loads.

You made me smile - thanks.

Usenet should carry a warning to the effect that anything written here
is opinion only and readers are advised to check any "facts" for
themselves.

I don't think Valve could sue anyone for saying that Steam is
inconvenient, unnecessary and doe snot achieve its stated aim of
restricting piracy. Suggesting that Gabe Newell is a Nazi might attract
a raised eyebrow from the lawyers but is it really worth it for them? I
doubt it. Of course if difool* went on TV claiming that, they might
reconsider.

But I think you can safely remove your foil hat and carry on debating
the merits or otherwise of Steam.

* I prefer this name, rather than "SayNo2Steam"

"Daniel" <daniel@dontbother.com> wrote in message
> So Far I wonder what consequence could happen to a poster if he or she
> posted negative messages about STEAM on a public forum. Is it reasonable
> to argue that talking negatively about STEAM could bring
> one poster in lots of trouble?. (I don't mean users reporting and
> killfile only.)
>etc, etc,etc

Everyone should voice an opinion, its just when that opinion
become just constant ranting and moaning, others get fed up
with it. The majority in this NG have found Steam to be very
good and have very little to complain about.

As for STEAM, well yes it has had some troubles, and retail
boxes should be clearly labelled about the need for internet
access. This would then give people the choice whether to buy
it or not.
I've seen many, many threads with various opinions and grips
about steam over the past months and i've come to a very
simple conclusion......

If you don't like it.........GET RID OF IT...........go play something
else........I'm sure there is plenty of other games out there to play.

Daniel, it is only right you voice an opinion, and if you dislike STEAM,
say so.....just don't post 30/40 threads everyday about it.

--
Dr C [AGHL]

[Snip]

If you *really* want to continue taking part in the tedious troll
wars that keep erupting in the various Steam threads, then carry on.
just don't have a tantrum every time one of the trolls eventually gets
on your back.

Saitek

Other find the constant "Valve is great, Valve never does anything wrong.
Gabe is GOD" rants just as annoying.

People even saying they love Steam because it cuts down on cheating, when
STEAM has nothing to do with any anticheating methods (do they even use any)
used by Valve.

"Saitek" <saitek@saitek.com> wrote in message
> Other find the constant "Valve is great, Valve never does anything wrong.
> Gabe is GOD" rants just as annoying.

I never said they were perfect ...just that a majority
find STEAM works, so they can't be that wrong.
--
Dr C [AGHL]

Saitek wrote:
> Other find the constant "Valve is great, Valve never does anything wrong.
> Gabe is GOD" rants just as annoying.
>

> People even saying they love Steam because it cuts down on cheating, when
> STEAM has nothing to do with any anticheating methods (do they even use any)
> used by Valve.

Yeah the trolls have switched sides.. Noone cares any more about people
slamming Steam.. So now they attempt to aggrovate people by singing its
praises.. its best just to ignore the whole debate.

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

All these modern celebrities are endorsing supermarket products now...
I got a pack of sausages from Tesco the other day and there was this
picture of Anthony Worral Thompson on the front. Below, it read 'prick
with a fork'.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Ben Cottrell wrote:
> Saitek wrote:
>
>> Other find the constant "Valve is great, Valve never does anything
>> wrong. Gabe is GOD" rants just as annoying.
>>

>> People even saying they love Steam because it cuts down on cheating,
>> when STEAM has nothing to do with any anticheating methods (do they
>> even use any) used by Valve.
>

> Yeah the trolls have switched sides.. Noone cares any more about people
> slamming Steam.. So now they attempt to aggrovate people by singing its
> praises.. its best just to ignore the whole debate.

I an now quoting the highest order civilized remark regarding the
"Steam" thingy:

jOhN wrote:

> I an now quoting the highest order civilized remark regarding the
> "Steam" thingy:
> "its best just to ignore the whole debate."

Could you repeat that again for Chadwick's benefit?

;-)

--
Paul

Daniel

I was not switching sides at all. I remain my personal opposition against STEAM.
But as I said earlier, I no longer believe in freedom of speech any more in
anything involving STEAM and I know sooner or later the Almighty $ Valve will take
action against people talking against STEAM.

What I lament is the sad fact that freedom of speech is no longer valid with the
Corporate All $ Power.

Ben Cottrell wrote:

> Saitek wrote:
> > Other find the constant "Valve is great, Valve never does anything wrong.
> > Gabe is GOD" rants just as annoying.
> >

> > People even saying they love Steam because it cuts down on cheating, when
> > STEAM has nothing to do with any anticheating methods (do they even use any)
> > used by Valve.
>
> Yeah the trolls have switched sides.. Noone cares any more about people
> slamming Steam.. So now they attempt to aggrovate people by singing its
> praises.. its best just to ignore the whole debate.
>
> --
> Ben Cottrell AKA Bench
>
> All these modern celebrities are endorsing supermarket products now...
> I got a pack of sausages from Tesco the other day and there was this
> picture of Anthony Worral Thompson on the front. Below, it read 'prick
> with a fork'.

shawk

Daniel wrote:
> I was not switching sides at all. I remain my personal opposition against STEAM.
> But as I said earlier, I no longer believe in freedom of speech any more in
> anything involving STEAM and I know sooner or later the Almighty $ Valve will take
> action against people talking against STEAM.
>
> What I lament is the sad fact that freedom of speech is no longer valid with the
> Corporate All $ Power.

FFS. You *really* need therapy difool. *plonk* ...again.

--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

Bertrand Russell

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:58:41 +1100, Daniel <daniel@dontbother.com>
wrote:

>So Far I wonder what consequence could happen to a poster if he or she
>posted negative messages about STEAM on a public forum. Is it reasonable
>to argue that talking negatively about STEAM could bring
>one poster in lots of trouble?. (I don't mean users reporting and
>killfile only.)

Same as what would happen if you publically bad-mouthed Bill Gates, or
the President of the United States. Nothing.