Can not ping server

Laptop is running Windows XP Professional SP2. Server is tunning SBS 4.5 and
Windows NT 4.0. I have two locations with two different gateway IP
Addresses. I have connected to each server by changing the domain and IP
address. Received messsage "welcome to _____ domain". I connect to network,
see all the computers, but can not "map" my drive back to the main server in
the other location. I worked on this 5 hours straight today....please please
please someone help me with this. I did turn off the windows firewall and
made sure all my WINS, etc. was correct. I can not ping the server in the
other location. I can ping the server I am currently connected to, and am
supposed to be able (can on 2000) to map a drive back to our other office.
HELP PLEASE!!!

mgm

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

Have you run a tracert?

"Nickie" <Nickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Laptop is running Windows XP Professional SP2. Server is tunning SBS 4.5
and
> Windows NT 4.0. I have two locations with two different gateway IP
> Addresses. I have connected to each server by changing the domain and IP
> address. Received messsage "welcome to _____ domain". I connect to
network,
> see all the computers, but can not "map" my drive back to the main server
in
> the other location. I worked on this 5 hours straight today....please
please
> please someone help me with this. I did turn off the windows firewall and
> made sure all my WINS, etc. was correct. I can not ping the server in the
> other location. I can ping the server I am currently connected to, and am
> supposed to be able (can on 2000) to map a drive back to our other office.
> HELP PLEASE!!!

TRENDING THREADS