Capturing video with 9800 AIW????

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Guys I recently purchased an AIW 9800. I want to capture video from my dish.
I used the peripheral that came with the AIW, it has svideo and two audio
cables. I hooked the svideo and audio up and I can get picture and sound on
my computer. (TV tuner will not work with sat)

What program should I use to capture video? Windows movie maker will only
capture 30 fps, is that the norm? Any insight on this topic would be great!

"Steve" <Steveh25@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Guys I recently purchased an AIW 9800. I want to capture video from my
dish.
> I used the peripheral that came with the AIW, it has svideo and two audio
> cables. I hooked the svideo and audio up and I can get picture and sound
on
> my computer. (TV tuner will not work with sat)
>
> What program should I use to capture video? Windows movie maker will only
> capture 30 fps, is that the norm? Any insight on this topic would be
great!

TV Player(MMC). 29.97 Is NTSC
digitalfaq.com is a good source of this type of info, especially for AIW
users.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thanks shadow

Steve wrote:

> Thanks shadow
> "Steve" <Steveh25@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Guys I recently purchased an AIW 9800. I want to capture video from my
>> dish. I used the peripheral that came with the AIW, it has svideo and two
>> audio cables. I hooked the svideo and audio up and I can get picture and
>> sound on my computer. (TV tuner will not work with sat)
>>
>> What program should I use to capture video? Windows movie maker will only
>> capture 30 fps, is that the norm? Any insight on this topic would be
>> great!

The frame rate on NTSC video is 29.97 frames per second.

The AIW should have come with ATI Multimedia Center, which has a recording
application.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate