CD archive program?

Can someone recommend an archiving/organizing program for CDs with digital
photos and general backup data on them? Do you guys have any favorite
programs???

I have a whole slew of CDs with various photos, etc. on them, plus regular
data I wanted to make sure I kept a copy of. It's getting to the point
where I have trouble finding things now...

A friend of mine gave me a copy of a free program that archives and manages
mp3s (MPEG Audio Collection) and it is really a great program. It only
works for mp3s, however. Ideally, I would like to have something like that
program, but with the capability to read EVERYTHING on a CD, then keep a
searchable database.

This seems like a field where there would be lots of practical applications
so I hope someone has written a program for this!

Thanks,
Bonnie
2 answers Last reply
More about archive program

    My favourite is "Where Is It"

    http://www.whereisit-soft.com/

    There you will find a trial version that you can download

    "Bonnie" <bkay48@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Can someone recommend an archiving/organizing program for CDs with digital
    > photos and general backup data on them? Do you guys have any favorite
    > programs???
    >
    > I have a whole slew of CDs with various photos, etc. on them, plus regular
    > data I wanted to make sure I kept a copy of. It's getting to the point
    > where I have trouble finding things now...
    >
    > A friend of mine gave me a copy of a free program that archives and
    manages
    > mp3s (MPEG Audio Collection) and it is really a great program. It only
    > works for mp3s, however. Ideally, I would like to have something like
    that
    > program, but with the capability to read EVERYTHING on a CD, then keep a
    > searchable database.
    >
    > This seems like a field where there would be lots of practical
    applications
    > so I hope someone has written a program for this!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bonnie

    "Bonnie" <bkay48@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Can someone recommend an archiving/organizing program for CDs with digital
    > photos and general backup data on them? Do you guys have any favorite
    > programs???
    >
    > I have a whole slew of CDs with various photos, etc. on them, plus regular
    > data I wanted to make sure I kept a copy of. It's getting to the point
    > where I have trouble finding things now...
    >
    > A friend of mine gave me a copy of a free program that archives and
    manages
    > mp3s (MPEG Audio Collection) and it is really a great program. It only
    > works for mp3s, however. Ideally, I would like to have something like
    that
    > program, but with the capability to read EVERYTHING on a CD, then keep a
    > searchable database.
    >
    > This seems like a field where there would be lots of practical
    applications
    > so I hope someone has written a program for this!
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bonnie

    Check out Thumbs Plus.
    http://www.cerious.com/

    ThumbsPlus uses a real MS Access Database.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Cameras CD-Rom Peripherals