  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 28, 2004 1:28:54 AM

Can someone recommend an archiving/organizing program for CDs with digital
photos and general backup data on them? Do you guys have any favorite
programs???

I have a whole slew of CDs with various photos, etc. on them, plus regular
data I wanted to make sure I kept a copy of. It's getting to the point
where I have trouble finding things now...

A friend of mine gave me a copy of a free program that archives and manages
mp3s (MPEG Audio Collection) and it is really a great program. It only
works for mp3s, however. Ideally, I would like to have something like that
program, but with the capability to read EVERYTHING on a CD, then keep a
searchable database.

This seems like a field where there would be lots of practical applications
so I hope someone has written a program for this!

Thanks,
Bonnie

More about : archive program

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 4:33:59 PM

My favourite is "Where Is It"

http://www.whereisit-soft.com/

There you will find a trial version that you can download

"Bonnie" <bkay48@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Can someone recommend an archiving/organizing program for CDs with digital
> photos and general backup data on them? Do you guys have any favorite
> programs???
>
> I have a whole slew of CDs with various photos, etc. on them, plus regular
> data I wanted to make sure I kept a copy of. It's getting to the point
> where I have trouble finding things now...
>
> A friend of mine gave me a copy of a free program that archives and
manages
> mp3s (MPEG Audio Collection) and it is really a great program. It only
> works for mp3s, however. Ideally, I would like to have something like
that
> program, but with the capability to read EVERYTHING on a CD, then keep a
> searchable database.
>
> This seems like a field where there would be lots of practical
applications
> so I hope someone has written a program for this!
>
> Thanks,
> Bonnie

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 7:14:03 PM

"Bonnie" <bkay48@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Can someone recommend an archiving/organizing program for CDs with digital
> photos and general backup data on them? Do you guys have any favorite
> programs???
>
> I have a whole slew of CDs with various photos, etc. on them, plus regular
> data I wanted to make sure I kept a copy of. It's getting to the point
> where I have trouble finding things now...
>
> A friend of mine gave me a copy of a free program that archives and
manages
> mp3s (MPEG Audio Collection) and it is really a great program. It only
> works for mp3s, however. Ideally, I would like to have something like
that
> program, but with the capability to read EVERYTHING on a CD, then keep a
> searchable database.
>
> This seems like a field where there would be lots of practical
applications
> so I hope someone has written a program for this!
>
> Thanks,
> Bonnie

Check out Thumbs Plus.
http://www.cerious.com/

ThumbsPlus uses a real MS Access Database.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

My favourite organizing program is Movienizer :-). Especially I like that you can easily find information on the Internet especially I like its simplicity, it is easy to find info on the Internet or extract technical information from a disc. It does everything correctly and automatically, all you need is to press a couple of buttons :)  Movienizer has also external and build-in player.
!